Page 855 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3557558058458528538548558568578588659059551355 ... LastLast
Results 10,249 to 10,260 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    JDM EP.TREE
    just fitted visors - they are so easy to fit compared to ek visors omfg lol!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    hi all,

My car has started to make a weird whistle/squealing kind of noise and I have totally no idea what it is. The sound occurs mostly while driving, but also when I start up the car and leave it on idle.
    The sound only seems to go away while I'm driving and have it in neutral/rolling, and I thought it might be my clutch but the noise seems to hang around for a split second after I step on the clutch pedal.

My other guess is it's gearbox related (really hoping it's not), just wondering if anyone on here has encountered a similar problem ?
    Oh and it seems that the noise originates more towards the driver side because my passengers had a hard time trying to spot the sound.
    The noise has gotten louder progressively over maybe 3 weeks, but now it's really unbearable to hear an EP3 make such a noise.

Any help would be appreciated before I take it to a mechanic!

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    hi all,

My car has started to make a weird whistle/squealing kind of noise and I have totally no idea what it is. The sound occurs mostly while driving, but also when I start up the car and leave it on idle.
    The sound only seems to go away while I'm driving and have it in neutral/rolling, and I thought it might be my clutch but the noise seems to hang around for a split second after I step on the clutch pedal.

My other guess is it's gearbox related (really hoping it's not), just wondering if anyone on here has encountered a similar problem ?
    Oh and it seems that the noise originates more towards the driver side because my passengers had a hard time trying to spot the sound.
    The noise has gotten louder progressively over maybe 3 weeks, but now it's really unbearable to hear an EP3 make such a noise.

squeaky noises and feeling vibrations in the steering wheel would be your steering rack needs greasing. somewhere from 80-100 bucks to be fixed or diy.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    hi all,

had that same problem on my dc2 before.. only went away when the clutch is pressen\d in.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Hey do you guys know where i can get good shock absorbers from?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Hey guys, potential new EP3 owner here. Went to check out one today and all seems pretty damn good. Only thing is, owner claims that major service was recently done but doesn't have receipt for it. What's done in the major service? Do these cars have a timing belt or chain? Anything to look for to indicate that major service has been done?

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    we got timing belts, um my major was all the fluids got changed,pads,rotors got machined optional. how recent is recent?? just have a look at all the fluids and oils see what level it is at and the colour of it.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    hong91 was it a gearbox problem ?

Johno, i dont think its my steering rack .. the sound seems to be coming from the engine bay area

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Thanks for reply mate. However, I got off my lazy ass and actually did a search after making my original post and found that in all instances people have made mention that is in fact a timing chain in the EP3. Anyone care to clarify?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    K series have timing chains!...

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by tunacnt View Post
    just fitted visors - they are so easy to fit compared to ek visors omfg lol!
    hey mate where did u get the visors from? thanks.
    Please +1 REP me if i post something remotely helpful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    How about this guys.......get on to it!

http://spreets.com.au/deal/Sydney/re...creek-vilawood

Cant see a better excuse for a meet....other than Korean BBQ!