Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ahh yeah, i guess it's really not worth doing basic mods at the risk of voiding insurance then. What about getting rims to replace steelies? Is that considered a violation of insurance policy? Or if you notify them, will they double your premium?

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Every decision you make in life has an opportunity cost. It depends on how much you value having a nice car.

I called up AAMI... they said if i want my name on dad's policy it will be $2500... otherwise it's $750ish if just under my dad's name and i'm occasional driver.

So basically the bottom line is... $750 pa + $1100 excess if i claim with AAMI

Coles is $650 pa with cover for under 25yo, but i don't know how much their age excess is. Not listed anywhere and they haven't replied to my fkn email.

RACV is $1000 under dad's name only, and if i crash, it's like $2200 excess to claim. If i add my name in, the premium goes to $2000 pa + 1000 excess to claim. What a rip...

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    my civic eg i put every mod on it, rims ( priced it ), sound system ( priced it ) , paint job put my eg value as 5k. and listed other mods on it from small to big. even my after market tail lights, lugnuts, exhaust, everything and im only on 1 way insurance. the reason i put everymod id because what if it wasnt my fault. some body hit into me. id lose my modifications

EDIT: and with justcar i tryed it. mucking around with more mods or less. the price didnt go up. it stayed the same
    DANGSdriveway

Would bolting on an axleback muffler fall under "exhaust modifications"? Cos if yes, simply bolting one on would increase my premium by $70 ish =/

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    go find a diffrence insurance.
    DANGSdriveway

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    Would bolting on an axleback muffler fall under "exhaust modifications"? Cos if yes, simply bolting one on would increase my premium by $70 ish =/
    If ur like the rest of us, as said previously, dont worry about it... keep the policy as no modifications, unless its a super uber, cool expensive titanium exhaust than dont bother with it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    If ur like the rest of us, as said previously, dont worry about it... keep the policy as no modifications, unless its a super uber, cool expensive titanium exhaust than dont bother with it
    Voiding policy?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ur call at the end of the day weather u tell them about ur mods or not, if u think its worth paying the extra for the extra cover

Like me an many other, its a risk we choose to take, simply cause of financial reasons, well for me it is LOL, an anyways, even if u do insure the part, its still deemed illegal.,... especially exhaust, epa reasons, so more to think about, so really, ask urself this, even if u do insure it, what if u get defected for it? Are u still willing to pay extra dispite it being off the car?

Its the little things really

An yes a axle back falls under exhaust mod
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

How can you know if a mod is illegal? And are P-platers in Melb even allowed to mod? I just got my red P's today it feels so different driving.. people don't stay far away and slow down when you indicate hahah

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    r u sure ur insurance gets void for that cause my m8 claimed after having an accident and all they did was just not pay him for wateva wasnt listed, for eg. he didnt get money for his system
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Quote Originally Posted by ninzee View Post
    r u sure ur insurance gets void for that cause my m8 claimed after having an accident and all they did was just not pay him for wateva wasnt listed, for eg. he didnt get money for his system
    Maybe you could say he was lucky? All insurance companies state it in their PDS that they have the right to refuse any claim if he didn't notify them there was a system installed i believe.