Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R

FN2R Air-conditioning

Hey guys,

I've noticed my air-conditioning is not as cold as it's supposed to be and was wondering if it needed re-gassing.

Gave the dealership a call and booked in for a check as they said it is most likely a leak because the newer car's most likely NEVER NEEDS TO BE RE-GASSED. They said it's sort of designed to sort of recycle the gas and not consume it hence it never needs re-gassing? They said if it's not as cold as it should be then there would most likely be a leak and they will insert some dye to determine if there is or not a leak somewhere. If it IS a leak, they would cover all charges via warranty claim.

Just wondering if anyone has been told that newer car should NEVER need to be re-gassed.. first time I heard it sorry :P
    If you find I have provided a quality point, please tick!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Newer cars have a sealed AC system. My car from 2004 is still as cold as new, even colder an my brand new October 2011 Holden company car. So if your FN2 which is newer iss not cooling, then it is very possible it is a leak.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Newer cars have a sealed AC system. My car from 2004 is still as cold as new, even colder an my brand new October 2011 Holden company car. So if your FN2 which is newer iss not cooling, then it is very possible it is a leak.
    Okie dokie thanks for the info!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    My FN2R also has a poxy a/c!!! let us know if its a common fault and Honda warrant the fix
    The Ari Gold of OZ Honda Forums

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by DR1V3R View Post
    My FN2R also has a poxy a/c!!! let us know if its a common fault and Honda warrant the fix
    Alrighty will keep you updated. My appointment is on Tuesday :P

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    sorry to hear about that !....mines been ok so far are you sure its just not the hotter weather bernard hahaha ... also i noticed the a/c only cools down to a certain point if your taking the air from the atmosphere...but once you hit the "recycle" inside the cabin it chills down quite quickly

lemme know what happens though!
    n3rb-alicious !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Hmm apparently the gas was not filled all the way to the top when the previous owner got it re-gassed.. Dodgy workmanship I guess.. have to nip it in the bud and get it done.. oh well There was no leak

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by chan 87 View Post
    Hmm apparently the gas was not filled all the way to the top when the previous owner got it re-gassed.. Dodgy workmanship I guess.. have to nip it in the bud and get it done.. oh well There was no leak
    I'd be asking why the previous owner had to get it regassed? The air con system should not need to be regassed unless there was a leak or some repair work needed to be carried out on the A/C system.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I'd be asking why the previous owner had to get it regassed? The air con system should not need to be regassed unless there was a leak or some repair work needed to be carried out on the A/C system.
    The front end received a very minor damage and the bumper was took off etc.. but I asked Burswood Honda to assess the damage and they said it was very minor because it did not affect the chassis and even the radiator.

I called the dealership I bought the car from saying I asked if there was any accidents before and he said no, in the end they will be footing the bill for my re-gassing. Guess I can't really complain..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FN2 civic type R
    Mine takes a while to become cool on hot days (prob 5-10 min), and usually alot cooler once I drive at 100km/h on the freeway.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    i noticed if you start the car in the shade its cool pretty much instantly or only takes a couple of minutes to get cool

+1 on the freeway
    n3rb-alicious !