Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 sensor issue

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R

02 sensor issue

Hey wise men of ozhonda,

First up, happy new year to all.

I recently got the CEL light on, and after taking to hannys they told me that the
    02 sensor needed replacing. But after I've replaced both the primary and secondary, and the CEL comes n goes. When there's no CEL light car is sluggish, feels chokey, n struggles to maintain a smooth speed without small jerkings. Not like the car is stalling or anything, feels like I'm on and off the throttle.

But mysteriously the car runs alot better when the CEL, though doesn't feel 100% and fuel economy is still bad. It's doesn't struggle.

The error I got was 41-4 h02s s1 heater failure. I've done some googling n all everyone says is the 02sensor needs replacing. But I'm still having issues, could it be the plug or wires from the sensor to the ecu?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ecks

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    So many 02 sensor issues arising with dc5's in the last couple of months, seems like a coincidence. Msg a particular user and he'll highly recommend you or everyone else to his auto electrician mecca. lol, no matter how small or big ur elec problem is, he has the one-way first-resort golden ticket to an auto elec.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    Any one got any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    is the o2 sensor the original factory one? the o2 sensor can throw cel if the sensor's voltage is outside a certain range, so maybe try accessing current data on your obd2 scanner and checking the voltage for the primary o2... i forget which range it should be (so maybe someone can clarify?) but when mine went it was displaying negative voltage because the sensor wiring was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Uproar View Post
    Hey wise men of ozhonda,

First up, happy new year to all.

I recently got the CEL light on, and after taking to hannys they told me that the
    02 sensor needed replacing. But after I've replaced both the primary and secondary, and the CEL comes n goes. When there's no CEL light car is sluggish, feels chokey, n struggles to maintain a smooth speed without small jerkings. Not like the car is stalling or anything, feels like I'm on and off the throttle.

But mysteriously the car runs alot better when the CEL, though doesn't feel 100% and fuel economy is still bad. It's doesn't struggle.

The error I got was 41-4 h02s s1 heater failure. I've done some googling n all everyone says is the 02sensor needs replacing. But I'm still having issues, could it be the plug or wires from the sensor to the ecu?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ecks
    DC5's have a common fault with the O2 Sensor and anyone who owns a DC5 knows this.
    Did you by a OEM O2 Sensor or aftermarket mate??
    Curiously, do you aftermarket headers as this could possibly causing the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    I bought aftermarkets, also got toda headers.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    DC5's have a common fault with the O2 Sensor and anyone who owns a DC5 knows this.
    Did you by a OEM O2 Sensor or aftermarket mate??
    Curiously, do you aftermarket headers as this could possibly causing the problem.
    Hi my friend, that doesnt sound like yourself, LOL. i thought it wouldve given a straight forward answer & advice him to go an auto electrician

Quote Originally Posted by Uproar View Post
    I bought aftermarkets, also got toda headers.
    Could be half the problem... have you extended your O2 sensor? Im assuming you would have because of the TODA headers.
    You could possibly need a defouler as that is a common fix to this sort of problem... See R3ckless replies in as i believe he has a defouler.

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    Hi my friend, that doesnt sound like yourself, LOL. i thought it wouldve given a straight forward answer & advice him to go an auto electrician
    You aint my friend and seriously... if there is a common fault with the CEL, then i don't see why not...
    But im pretty sure it's either the extension of the O2 Sensor that hasn't been done properly that's stuffed up
    Or
    He requires a defouler because of the TODA headers
    Or
    Because he bought aftermarket O2 Sensors... could be slightly faulty due to the fact, i wouldn't get anything else but OEM when it comes to an O2 Sensor.

Btw.
    -1 Rep point to your ass as you keep trolling everywhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    You aint my friend and seriously... if there is a common fault with the CEL, then i don't see why not...

Btw.
    -1 Rep point to your ass as you keep trolling everywhere.
    There you go, you couldve just told him to go straight to an auto electrician, saves you the trouble of growing a fraction of your brain.

LOL, -1 rep point? care factor ZERO, on the other hand if i say something useful do i get a candy?. How does it feel giving you a taste of your own medicine? You're pretty much the only member here that keeps harassing me.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 05-01-2011 at 09:42 AM.

There you go, you couldve just told him to go straight to an auto electrician, saves you the trouble of growing a fraction of your brain.

LOL, -1 rep point? care factor ZERO, on the other hand if i say something useful do i get a candy?. How does it feel giving you a taste of your own medicine? You're pretty much the only member here that keeps harassing me.
    I ain't harrasing you.
    If anything your the imcompitent fool who makes every thread i post into about an "auto electrician"... Not everybody knows how to adjust headlights or fix a CEL problem.
    And if you read what i wrote above, it's actually useful information.

Seriously, grow the hell up.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    I ain't harrasing you.
    If anything your the imcompitent fool who makes every thread i post into about an "auto electrician"... Not everybody knows how to adjust headlights or fix a CEL problem.
    And if you read what i wrote above, it's actually useful information.

Seriously, grow the hell up.
    Feeling upset are we?, lol, at least im not the bigger fool who thinks abusing and thrashing my Honda is great for the car. End of story mate. Dont you have something else better to do like visit your auto elec.
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 05-01-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Feeling upset are we?, lol, at least im not the bigger fool who thinks abusing and thrashing my Honda is great for the car. End of story mate. Dont you have something else better to do like visit your auto elec.
    No.
    When you realise that every post i've put in here is factul then you can comment back.
    Seriously, stop bloody posting as your comments are unwanted.

Either post something useful or stop using this forum and go back to boosted cruising where you bloody belong with all the other try hards.

Also.. I never stated that thrasing and abusing is "great" for the car.
    I stated and i QUOTE "a car that is abused on a regular basis, which means VTEC'd every so often on a day to day basis will deal with the redlining alot better then a car then is redlined only once a week"

Now seriously stop posting. Your a waste of time.

Lowiez owned your ass, R3ckless owned it and i've done it enough.

Give up.