Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu

Insurance for modified euro cl9

29858 21/12

hey guys. I am currently with aami, and well they are increasing their cost. Havnt given much thought perviously into making sure the insurance covers everything. Its a std manual euro which has,

- lowered suspension/strut bar front
    - 17" alloys (std comes with 16)
    - type r body kit 03-05 (front/rear lip, side skirts)
    - type r gear knob
    - 9 piece dash silver trim kit
    - bonnet protector

I had a look at justcars. Should I specifically mention that its a type r body kit? Cause im thinking if say it was to get damanged in an accident, they would only replace with the local version body kit?

Also while checking online with justcars, it gave an option to put value of wheels and tyres. 7 months back bought new tyres for it, should i put a value in it? Worth putting the smaller items such as gear knob, trim kit, bonnet protector? (cause i dont know do such things add more to the cost?)

Just trying to make sure I get the right cover, never put much thought into the insurance. A few companies i checked dont cover modified cars. Dont qualify for famous insurance as under 30.

I am also confused about the market value they give. I didnt check yet what justcar give. Shannons give around 15k market value. If i was to go with other insurance covers which do agreed value then well they dont do modified cars. Maybe I should re-negotiate with aami?

Aami gave me a rating 1 for life, does that matter if changing (or if I cancel with aami and resign with them)? Sorry again dont know much.

As you can see alot to consider, any help would be great. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    - lowered suspension/strut bar front
    - 17" alloys (std comes with 16)
    - type r body kit 03-05 (front/rear lip, side skirts)

- type r gear knob
    - 9 piece dash silver trim kit
    - bonnet protector
    Those 3 will be the one's you'd have to worry about.
    Insurance companies really dont like bodykits or suspension modifications, they have grounds to refuse insurance/claim if the modification had contributed to the accident happening if they are illegal or insurance company dont know about it.
    You'll be amazed how many youngsters got their fire claim denied cause their SRI filter caught fire....

I had a look at justcars. Should I specifically mention that its a type r body kit? Cause im thinking if say it was to get damanged in an accident, they would only replace with the local version body kit?
    1. if you dont mention any bodykit, they wont pay for ANY bodykit in event of accident
    2. if you do mention bodykit, they usually ask for a value.
    3. btw... check out your excess once you added bodykit, they usually increase your excess sky-high if you have bodykit/modified suspension on car

Also while checking online with justcars, it gave an option to put value of wheels and tyres. 7 months back bought new tyres for it, should i put a value in it? Worth putting the smaller items such as gear knob, trim kit, bonnet protector? (cause i dont know do such things add more to the cost?)
    I am also confused about the market value they give. I didnt check yet what justcar give. Shannons give around 15k market value. If i was to go with other insurance covers which do agreed value then well they dont do modified cars. Maybe I should re-negotiate with aami?
    Market value = they decide how much to pay you if car's written off. Agree value also changes (downwards) every year anyway

Aami gave me a rating 1 for life, does that matter if changing (or if I cancel with aami and resign with them)? Sorry again dont know much.
    yes. it might, depends on the insurance company.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    Im with justcar
    Im a rating 2, with a 06 Std Euro Automatic, coilovers, strutbrace, rim/tyres up to a value of $2,000, euro r / sport grille, and modified taillights
    and they have given me a market value of $21,500, with a total excess of $1,000, but once I turn 25 the excess will only be $500

Hope that helps?
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by N3M3SIS View Post
    Im with justcar
    Im a rating 2, with a 06 Std Euro Automatic, coilovers, strutbrace, rim/tyres up to a value of $2,000, euro r / sport grille, and modified taillights
    and they have given me a market value of $21,500, with a total excess of $1,000, but once I turn 25 the excess will only be $500

Hope that helps?
    How old are you now if you don't mind me asking? And have you lost your licenece? pm me if you need to. I'm in the process of getting an accord euro and just worried about the insurance if i get coilovers, wheels etc.

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    if i have a body kit and lowering springs
    but in the event of an accident, i dont really care about them being replaced (i.e. im happy to go back to stock with no kit and stock springs,,,which i will likely to stil have in the garage)
    if...
    a) i dont tell the insurance company that ive got them (cause i dont want them to be insured) and they find out, will they refuse to pay out any insurance claims? (assuming theyre not the cause of the accident)
    b) if i do tell them, is there a way to let them know i dont want those parts to be insured? cause the kit is only worth like $350 combined, not worth it to be insured and add a premium in my opinion

i would prefer the second option if possible, but the first option would be easier as long as they do pay out based on stock car specs
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I'm with just car and I have a few modifications. They will only charge you a small amount extra for the modifications. The age excess is what will cost you heaps if your under 25. I have
    18" rims
    Coilovers
    After market H.I.D's
    And a couple of other little things and it is only an extra $70 a year.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro cu2
    I am sorry that I don't know what is rating 1 or 2 for life. My one is maximum no claim bonus for life and when I moved from aami to gio, they still give me maximum no claim bonus for life and if you are with aami for quite long, you can ask for discount from gio as you were loyal to previous insurance company. In my case they give me further discount

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    oops, my should have said my premium,
    its $1,620.00 a year

and im 24

Quote Originally Posted by N3M3SIS View Post
    Im with justcar

Hope that helps?
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymulia View Post
    I am sorry that I don't know what is rating 1 or 2 for life. My one is maximum no claim bonus for life and when I moved from aami to gio, they still give me maximum no claim bonus for life and if you are with aami for quite long, you can ask for discount from gio as you were loyal to previous insurance company. In my case they give me further discount
    GIO and AAMI both owned by suncorp... so of course they are happy to give you the rating lol.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I'm with Justcar in Sydney and have listed the following mods on my policy:

Extractors/Headers
    Gearbox
    Suspension Modified
    Strut Brace
    Cold Air Induction
    Clutch
    Sway Bar/S

The amount covered for my CL9 is $14000.

With 60% no claim bonus, and being over 30, the premium is $1025 a year with a $600 excess (plus $400 if the driver is 22-24). NCB protection is an additional $35 a year.

I used to live in Melb and my premium in Melb was about $100-200 cheaper than Sydney.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    jesus im only paying just under $1000 a year with $800 excess
    but reported a stock cu2 and didnt mention metallic paint

does it even matter? like if i have an accident, u take it to a repairer urself and then make a claim right? cause i have smash repair family friends...its not like theyre gunna put "replaced mugen replica bodykit and repsrayed with mettalic paint" etc etc just "replaced broken bits and heres the total"
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    jesus im only paying just under $1000 a year with $800 excess
    but reported a stock cu2 and didnt mention metallic paint

does it even matter? like if i have an accident, u take it to a repairer urself and then make a claim right? cause i have smash repair family friends...its not like theyre gunna put "replaced mugen replica bodykit and repsrayed with mettalic paint" etc etc just "replaced broken bits and heres the total"
    If the insurer finds the modifications on your car, they can void your insurance claim. Have a look through your PDS, it usually mentions that all modifications must be disclosed to the insurer or they have the right to refuse your claim.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2