Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
    but, shouldnt be the air intake box filter be replaced during the service?

anyway, will check it tomorrow....
    btw, do u recommend to buy one from Honda, or aftermarket one??
    thanks
    get the OEM honda one, no point in getting an aftermarket one. if you're after aftermarket air intake, you might as well buy an entire Injen or GruppeM Cold Air Intake kit.
    JDM - The J stands for Motherf***er

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by asshat View Post
    get the OEM honda one, no point in getting an aftermarket one. if you're after aftermarket air intake, you might as well buy an entire Injen or GruppeM Cold Air Intake kit.
    oh, i have checked the air box today, i opened it and had a look,
    but....well, i dont know how to tell if it has to be replaced yet...
    it is hard when i touch the filter, and looks a bit yellowish....is it fine? or should the filter be white in color?

and for the cold air intake, i saw some post saying that the K20Z2 engine doesnt allow such a modification at all.....
    and says that changing the air intake system will reduce the car performance.....
    so, i reckon i just stay to the oem one, right?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I think the remote would be separate.. i mean the car batt sholdn't have much effect on the ability of the antenna to recieve. Probably the battery in the remote.

A car battery will not damage anything, Wait for winter to replace - chances are that you'll haev more issues there
    i bought a battery for the remote today, unfortunately, i got the wrong type.....
    ==' the packaging states that it is ideal for car remote.......but it doesnt fit.....
    does anyone know where to buy?

anyway, but today, after i took out the old battery, and clean a bit of the remote (as there is some dirt inside the remote), and assembled it again....
    amazing......the remote works like new....the problem of the remote is gone~ i can lock or unlock the car easily~~......
    weird~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~@@

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by chichichibo View Post
    oh, i have checked the air box today, i opened it and had a look,
    but....well, i dont know how to tell if it has to be replaced yet...
    it is hard when i touch the filter, and looks a bit yellowish....is it fine? or should the filter be white in color?

and for the cold air intake, i saw some post saying that the K20Z2 engine doesnt allow such a modification at all.....
    and says that changing the air intake system will reduce the car performance.....
    so, i reckon i just stay to the oem one, right?
    Hmm if the filter panel isn't black and dirty, but yellow then it should be fine. What model of civic do you have? Civic Sport?

Ahh right, just checked. Seems as if there's almost no or little modifications that can be done
    JDM - The J stands for Motherf***er

Member Array
    Car:
    8thGen Civic VTi
    i had this issue about 3 weeks ago. i thought it was just a lazy fuel pump (thats what it was on my old car) but on xmas eve it decided to die. After 4.5 years the battery finally carked it. Just as well it happened BEFORE my 3500km road trip

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by xenfacta View Post
    i had this issue about 3 weeks ago. i thought it was just a lazy fuel pump (thats what it was on my old car) but on xmas eve it decided to die. After 4.5 years the battery finally carked it. Just as well it happened BEFORE my 3500km road trip
    Hi xenfacta
    So, wht do u mean? U mean u have the same problem of a delay during the start up, and eventually found out tht the car die??
    Sorry, I couldn't get wht u mean......
    U mean it is a sign of the car is going to die??
    Mine one is only 2007 model......=='

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by asshat View Post
    Hmm if the filter panel isn't black and dirty, but yellow then it should be fine. What model of civic do you have? Civic Sport?

Ahh right, just checked. Seems as if there's almost no or little modifications that can be done
    Well, I just can't find out how would that happen.....
    But it seems like the delay is getting longer....maybe I need Yo get the car checked.....
    Btw, if there is corrosion on the battery (some yellow color on the + and - pole of the battery), is it ok?
    Or should I replace the battery?
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    a bit of corrosion is ok, a lot isn't.

If you drive aroudn a bit, and then park, go away for 5mins, then start he car again, does it start up instantly? or crank for a while?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

If you drive aroudn a bit, and then park, go away for 5mins, then start he car again, does it start up instantly? or crank for a while?
    Hmm, its quite satisfactory if I start up again after parking for a while.
    But I notice that the car seems getting a little bit longer delay now during the ignition process......maybe it is getting worse.....

And may I ask, for the battery? Is it a special battery? Do I have to buy from Honda? I haven't seen this before as my previous car is the old civic 1995, where the battery is a by common one.....
    But the one in my civic sport now, there is an indicator....haha, but dunno how to read it.....=='

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport

I will take a pic tmr, I think it's quite serious.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    u don't have to doublepost every reply mang.
    Last edited by DuffyFD; 17-01-2011 at 12:14 PM.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I don't think it's a special battery. The indicator should have a legend next to it on the battery, with different colours representing different charge states or soemthing liek that