Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Spec JDM ITR 4-1 Header, will this fit my AUDM B18C?

planning on upgrading my exhaust to a full catback Mugen Twinloop but don't know if I need to swap out my AUDM headers with a full JDM header or buy a cat that bolts on a JDM catback system to the AUDM headers.

obviously I did consider buying a Toda or Mugen header but at the moment don't have the budget for it, so would the JDM head provide any real gains and difference in noise?

Cheers,
    Last edited by JDMintegra; 21-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.

just buy a jdm cat

if u hv the money u can get the headers too, it will give u some gain with ur catback system and is better than stock head for sure, but as u stated u gonna upgrade to toda or mugen head soon, then why bother wasting ur money buying old headers then sell it again when u got ur mugen one. so atm just get a jdm cat in order to install ur catback and then save up for toda headers =)

Quote Originally Posted by tiah313 View Post
    if u hv the money u can get the headers too, it will give u some gain with ur catback system and is better than stock head for sure, but as u stated u gonna upgrade to toda or mugen head soon, then why bother wasting ur money buying old headers then sell it again when u got ur mugen one. so atm just get a jdm cat in order to install ur catback and then save up for toda headers =)
    I was feeling kind and was going to give you some rep points until I carefully read what you advised and its not very correct.

The dude has AUDM header & JDM cat-back.

Buying a JDM cat isn't going to solve his problem, it won't fit into that combination.

He needs a custom cat.

If the set-up were to work with the JDM cat then he would need to buy the JDM header as well.
    But he has said he doesn't have enough money yet.

thats why i told him just to get the cat, and save up for better headers, i didnt tell him to get headers

thats why i told him just to get the cat, and save up for better headers, i didnt tell him to get headers
    You didn't just tell him/her to get a "Catalytic converter"

You told the OP to specifically get a "JDM Catalytic Converter"

A JDM catalytic converter will not fit. The Op will need a Catalytic converter that is custom length/custom made because AUDM header & JDM cat back isn't just a bolt on affair.

JDM header, JDM dc2r Catalytic converter, JDM cat back is all a bolt on combination.

If there is AUDM header there it isn't bolt on.

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    ^^^ wat this guy said
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

i think jdm dc2 cat will bolt onto aus dc2r header and bolt onto the mugen catback too.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMintegra View Post
    planning on upgrading my exhaust to a full catback Mugen Twinloop but don't know if I need to swap out my AUDM headers with a full JDM header or buy a cat that bolts on a JDM catback system to the AUDM headers.

obviously I did consider buying a Toda or Mugen header but at the moment don't have the budget for it, so would the JDM head provide any real gains and difference in noise?

Cheers,
    Where you buying the JDM 98 spec ITR 4-1 from?

i think jdm dc2 cat will bolt onto aus dc2r header and bolt onto the mugen catback too.
    don't make me neg rep you.........

up to you u as long as u have a reason =)
    this is a public forum do whatever u like

thanks bludger and tiah313, much appreciated comments as I was abit confused with the specs between cats, headers and exhaust. Planning to get the twinloop to cat and as you guys said a custom cat to bolt it onto my audm header
    wish i had enough funds to get a toda