Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xenon HID Kit. Legal?

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting this kit for my 2005 Honda Accord Euro and wondering if that setup would be legal in NSW?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks.

yeah 6000k is legal

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    im not sure on this one so correct me if im wrong.

Its only legal if it came with HIDs stock from the factory and if you change the watts has to be to a certain limit and yeah i think its 6000K
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    not true man, all those imports, have to have there hid rip out cause they dont meet our ADR... every country has different rules, but ours, they have to be auto leveling adjusting
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    not true man, all those imports, have to have there hid rip out cause they dont meet our ADR... every country has different rules, but ours, they have to be auto leveling adjusting
    oh i see, i was talking about cars such as Accord Euros dont they come stock with HIDS? pretty sure my sisters CX9 comes stock with HIDS too.
    Im wrong anyways

Ive had 6000K HID kits before and seen them on many, havent seen, heard , or had any grief from sydney cops , just aslong as they dont blind people driving towards you or infront of you. As that will definitely gtab attention. Anything that is an alteration to a stock car is pretty much illegal. Get 4000K if your real woried.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Ok how about if I only change the bulbs to good quality xenon ones, like one from this Philips range, without the ballasts and the rest of the setup? Would that still also be considered illegal?

just buy the 6000k hid kit, u shoudnt have trouble with it cos everyone has it including me

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    hide your ballasts and you should be fine

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    N/A is best
    your euro is projector not reflector so its all good because it doesnt blind oncomming traffic
    No Comment

Quote Originally Posted by VT-11-RR View Post
    your euro is projector not reflector so its all good because it doesnt blind oncomming traffic
    oh really, I did't know that you see coz I am still to pick up the car from the dealer this weekend. In that case I think I will go for the full kit coz I really didn't want to get something that was going to be unsafe.

Thanks all for your support to newcomer

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    If you don't have washers on your front bar, even if you have projectors, HID's are illegal.

This has been answered many many many times.

Many people still do it (including me) and haven't had problems as long as you adjust them.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend