Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    oh nice! thanks man - well if it all works out with the whiteline just let me know how much you want and sounds like we might have a deal!

you still need an answer on those CTR LSA's and forks tho... well according to that website link I referenced on page 1 looks like you do, so that's all I could find atm unless someone here knows more...

The Civic Type R and Civic Si front sway bars only work with the Civic Type R or Si LCAs. The LCA are thicker than all other EK Civic LCAs at the strut fork, so the fork will also need to be changed out.

Source: http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/view_ekswaybars.html
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yeah, Its just the forks thats im not so sure... id rather jus use my old ones than swapping to em1, but i fear we will have to, as ek/ej have different lca to em1
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 + Clio 172
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    Yah, another EK1 sedan lol

In your opinion - would you recommend the upgrade to 14mm as worthwhile or are you now thinking of going to a thicker bar?
    I got a white one too ...

IMO if you are planning to stick with the D16 and no track work then the 14mm is enough. It's worth while only if you can get it cheap enough. $100-150 for the whole RSB assembly is what you expect to pay these days. I got mine quite a few years ago for $150 including endlinks, D brackets and bolts. Happy hunting

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Yeah totally agree, a ASR kit with CTR is a bit over kill on a daily car.. 14mm is pretty much spot on

jus letting u know, i will hopefully be getting a em1 26mm front sway bar, lca, an what ever else to make it bolt up so i shall see how this goes

first the rear brake conversion now the em1 front sway bar... shoulda brought a em1 from the start LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Yeah totally agree, a ASR kit with CTR is a bit over kill on a daily car.. 14mm is pretty much spot on

jus letting u know, i will hopefully be getting a em1 26mm front sway bar, lca, an what ever else to make it bolt up so i shall see how this goes

first the rear brake conversion now the em1 front sway bar... shoulda brought a em1 from the start LOL
    LOL - funny how you think that after you bought it - but hey, at least it gives you something to do and you can make it your own and be proud of your work... I mean seriously how long did it take you to get those rear brakes of LMAO lol but at least you can say you done it and be proud of it

I wish I had a b series too, but just make the best of it that I can

Quote Originally Posted by zeus_civic View Post
    I got a white one too ...

IMO if you are planning to stick with the D16 and no track work then the 14mm is enough. It's worth while only if you can get it cheap enough. $100-150 for the whole RSB assembly is what you expect to pay these days. I got mine quite a few years ago for $150 including endlinks, D brackets and bolts. Happy hunting
    I think you're right guys - thanks zeus_civic - and great to hear another white ek sedan out there

From the sounds of it, and the fact I don't want to go overkill, I think 14mm is more than enough for my application.

The prices from Honda tho are really extortion - I can buy an EK9 rear sway bar kit, with ASR brace from JDM Concept for $335 - and they want $500+ for a 14mm rsb. Seriously, who are these guys kidding honestly...

I'd like to know how much commission they work off, parts don't cost that much if an online store can sell it for $335, especially given the strength of the dollar they should be cheaper if anything.

Oh well, appreciate all your help fellas - been a very informative and useful thread for me

Keep you updated on how I go!
    Last edited by Alvis; 25-03-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

JDM/Mugen inspired EK sedan build thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ss-pics/page34

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvis View Post
    ok sure, I was getting worried when I read that!

How about in the wet? Oh, and I saw your thread last night where you installed the ASR brace!

Is it worth the improvement going to EK9? I mean, I have no rsb on my EK1 atm... just hope the change isn't 'too' drastic...?
    It is fine in the wet. Mind you the ek4 front sway bar is the exact same mm as ek9. So if you get an ek4 FSB + ek9 RSB and an ASR brace to support the subframe. That is an awesome combo! After I upgraded to the ek9 RSB with the asr brace I noticed a huge dramatic difference and could push harder and the handling was more predictable. It is abit pricey to have the asr + ek9 RSB but I think it is so worth it. It's like going from stock springs + shocks to coilovers. There's a big difference there.

Depending on how Ur tyres handle it is fine in the wet. I had ok tyres firenzas to be specific which is ok for 1 track day and daily street driving and handled Well in the wet spirited drives at the mountains. If u had re001s or something better it would be even better in the wet!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    hahahahaha yea i get bored at home, an since i dont go out much these days, tend to touch the car, even when its perfecty fine LOL i do hope to track the car some time soon, an i do love the occasional spirited driving, hence why im goin with the em1 front swaybar conversion, atm its all about sorting out the basics....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    hahahahaha yea i get bored at home, an since i dont go out much these days, tend to touch the car, even when its perfecty fine LOL i do hope to track the car some time soon, an i do love the occasional spirited driving, hence why im goin with the em1 front swaybar conversion, atm its all about sorting out the basics....
    yeh man you should check out this website - just came across it - looks like they do some pretty good deals on Honda OEM parts

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    really good find man
    must book mark there website.... do they ship out to aust? if only we had something like that here
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    Quote Originally Posted by kriZy View Post
    It is fine in the wet. Mind you the ek4 front sway bar is the exact same mm as ek9. So if you get an ek4 FSB + ek9 RSB and an ASR brace to support the subframe. That is an awesome combo! After I upgraded to the ek9 RSB with the asr brace I noticed a huge dramatic difference and could push harder and the handling was more predictable. It is abit pricey to have the asr + ek9 RSB but I think it is so worth it. It's like going from stock springs + shocks to coilovers. There's a big difference there.

Depending on how Ur tyres handle it is fine in the wet. I had ok tyres firenzas to be specific which is ok for 1 track day and daily street driving and handled Well in the wet spirited drives at the mountains. If u had re001s or something better it would be even better in the wet!!
    Yeh, you're definitely right - you need a good pair of tyres or else what's the point - I mean you have to remember the tyres are the only thing between you and the road so if you're not willing to invest in a good set you may as well throw your other mods out the window lol

But sounds you've got a sweet ride set up

I guess money comes into it, and if I have to replace the front LCA, forks etc etc it's not going to end up cheap as you can see by the below AND this is a pretty good website by the way - has the full factory diagrams listed and everything!! Check it out!

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/honda-civic-parts.html

And here you can kind of work out how much it will cost on top of the rsb:

And here is the diagram Honda sent me this morning of the rear suspension set up of an EK4 - just as an FYI reference in case you ever need to refer to it for some reason

HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK Si '98
    really good find man
    must book mark there website.... do they ship out to aust? if only we had something like that here
    bummer man - looks like you'll need to have a contact in the States... yeh, we definitely should have something like that set up in Oz

9. Q: Can you ship to my country?

A: We only ship to the 50 United States.

Doh http://www.hondapartsnow.com/service...rts~faq.html#9
    HONDAOEMMUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    don't be too worried about spinning out if you're just driving on the street

only be worried if you're not going street speeds