Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I had GIO for 3 years, and they were pretty okay. Now with AAMI

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Im with AAMI im 22 years old and have disclosed I have a full exhaust system rec retail 3k tiniting 300 and I pay about 1400 I think it is I am rating 2 at the moment and will be rating 1 next year.

I have to pay massive excess if a crash is my fault but I havent been in a crash that was my fault yet "touches wood" but anybody under 25 has to pay the same excess. If my quote this yr is more then 1200 i will be angry because i get rating one.

Just a story for AAMI customers here.
    My friend insured his Dc5s in extreme good conditon with AAMI. The car got flood water in the boot back in the Jan from the flash flood in Melbourne. he call them when he found the water, AAMI asked him to bring the car
    in for inspection. It was a write of due to electrical potential hazards( water and electrial cables the lot lol). 6 weeks on after a few "we call you back soon" nothing happened. Finally after 6 weeks he got a call "we'll pay you out in full"
    "would you like to buy the car back for xxxx dollars".
    I know the quality of the car so i offer to buy the car back for a K swap. AMMI suppose to tow the car to me last friday but nothing was delivered. We rang up on Friday night AMMI told us they cant find the car in their yard.
    We reckon they sold the dam thing already, without asking, documents or pay out any amount of money.
    They said to call back this monday to see if they can find the car
    I dont know much about the laws around this matter but you just cant sell your clients car without their aggrement. If they acctually sold the car thats just plain illegal.
    Anyone has this happen before?

The Youi ads irritate the hell out of me..
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    The Youi ads irritate the hell out of me..
    They ask more questions... some rather personal, like married/single etc etc.

What it really mean is:\
    "Based on your answer to our 1001 questions, you shouldn't haven an accident... if you do.... we'll just jack your premium up next year by 1001%."
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    21 y/o male with a few mods on my car.

youi refused to give me a quote
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    21 y/o male with a few mods on my car.

youi refused to give me a quote
    youi fail.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Im with AAMI im 22 years old and have disclosed I have a full exhaust system rec retail 3k tiniting 300 and I pay about 1400 I think it is I am rating 2 at the moment and will be rating 1 next year.

I have to pay massive excess if a crash is my fault but I havent been in a crash that was my fault yet "touches wood" but anybody under 25 has to pay the same excess. If my quote this yr is more then 1200 i will be angry because i get rating one.
    Hmm...insurance premiums increase at a rate of approx 5-8% every year....

The discount increase from rating 2 to rating 1 I remembered was like... 10%

So... you'll still go backwards...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    About 4 years ago now, my premium suddenly went up by about $300. It had steadily gone down a small bit each year before then. So I rang them, asked for a manager and asked what was the go? The manager said our prices are competitive with the industry, I said I don't care, you can't justify it because everyone else is doing it. So I made the "big" decision and went third party property only.

Since then, yes I have had one "at-fault" accident, it cost me $500 excess plus about $650 in parts to get my car back up and running. Still less than one year's premium! I've saved in the long run. Comprehensive insurance is a scam!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    Quote Originally Posted by Cvik_ryda View Post
    Just a story for AAMI customers here.
    My friend insured his Dc5s in extreme good conditon with AAMI. The car got flood water in the boot back in the Jan from the flash flood in Melbourne. he call them when he found the water, AAMI asked him to bring the car
    in for inspection. It was a write of due to electrical potential hazards( water and electrial cables the lot lol). 6 weeks on after a few "we call you back soon" nothing happened. Finally after 6 weeks he got a call "we'll pay you out in full"
    "would you like to buy the car back for xxxx dollars".
    I know the quality of the car so i offer to buy the car back for a K swap. AMMI suppose to tow the car to me last friday but nothing was delivered. We rang up on Friday night AMMI told us they cant find the car in their yard.
    We reckon they sold the dam thing already, without asking, documents or pay out any amount of money.
    They said to call back this monday to see if they can find the car
    I dont know much about the laws around this matter but you just cant sell your clients car without their aggrement. If they acctually sold the car thats just plain illegal.
    Anyone has this happen before?
    ACTUALLY, when ins pays you out, they are buying the car, they OWN IT. They can do whatever they like with it. They probs sent it to the auctions with thousands of other flooded cars.
    You paying money for the wreck is a separate transaction. When you agreed to a payout, you sold the car to them........

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yes but he's saying without agreement. Either 1) AAMI does not have in writing the client's agreement to the case, or 2) AAMI has not paid up the money and provided said written proof of transaction and details.

You are both right. Just arguing the wrong point.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvtil View Post
    ACTUALLY, when ins pays you out, they are buying the car, they OWN IT. They can do whatever they like with it. They probs sent it to the auctions with thousands of other flooded cars.
    You paying money for the wreck is a separate transaction. When you agreed to a payout, you sold the car to them........
    No man they hasnt pay out anything or sending any documents to my friend to sign. The'll OWN IT once my friend sign the paper but nothing is done. They took the car, in kept it and now they cant find it lol