Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo

Accord =/= Performance, but why?

I've never really posted much on here.. But i do browse the forums quite often, and i'm a member on CB7Tuner and OzAccord.

But in all the time i've spent here, Civics are for performance.. And everyone thinks 'Type R's are 'all that'.
    Curious why there is little to no interest in anything 'performance' related when it comes to Accords in Australia.. What's the turnoff?
    (And by performance i'm talking serious )

Also curious if any other boosted Accords besides Poid, Kccord's exist.. (There was a CB7 too with a F22B swap, but i think it was parted out)

Member Array
    Car:
    cd5 accord
    civics are popular thats why, type r's are nothing to H powered accord

They're popular for performance because they're light and easy to swap engines into: i.e. they perform better for cheaper. Add 20 years of aftermarket support because of this and you have what we have today.
    I have signatures turned off

and the main reason ppl buy type R is for raw power and agility. something very racey. well maybe not for fn2r.

ppl buy euros for their family, or something nice and comfortable to drive (the reason why i went from my dc2r to the CL9)

i was thinking of turbo'ing my euro, but then decided what for, i'd rather just sell it buy something that was from factory a turbo car
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by ceedeefive View Post
    civics are popular thats why, type r's are nothing to H powered accord
    H Powered? Cmon Luke
    I'll just claim Australia's highest HP Accord, and only fully built+boosted F22A you watch

Not sure why noone shares my enthusiasm lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Stock F22B1 here, gives relatively good performance in a slightly larger car than Civic.

Turbo? Mmmm yummy yes please!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Stock F22B1 here, gives relatively good performance in a slightly larger car than Civic.

Turbo? Mmmm yummy yes please!
    Haha, i wish it were as simple as people thought to 'whack a turbo on' your car.
    So my only competition are Civics? Brilliant lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Yeah it is a big job to turbo a car properly

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    dw man there are accord owners around, but like most said, its more comfort, plus we like to keep ourselves low and not want to be a sik k*nt and show off our power.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by namtaro View Post
    dw man there are accord owners around, but like most said, its more comfort, plus we like to keep ourselves low and not want to be a sik k*nt and show off our power.
    I like comfort, clean looks, driveability and amazing handling!
    300+kw atw is just a bonus!

I guess weight largely comes into it. The Accord weighs a lot more than most of these cars, and yet, doesn't really come with a bigger engine. With the CL7 Euro-R having the same K20 engine as ITR and CTR, and the older Accords having the SiR H22/F20B, and the CL1 Euro-R H22 models. Since none of those are available in Australia, you need to do a swap for a sporty engine.

I guess the reason why most people go Civics is because they are very light, and after doing engine swaps, they can be very quick, with their lightness making up for being FWD. Preludes and Integra's are cheap and already come with the B18CR and H22 engines respectively, so don't really cost as much.

And yeah, in the end if someone is buying the 4 door Accord, they are probably buying it more for its practicality over its sportiness.

If they want a fast 4 door car they plan to mod a lot, they're probably more likely to choose from the wealth of turbo-AWD/RWD cars available - Evo, WRX, Legnum/Galant VR4, Liberty GT, Chaser, 4 door Skyline/Stagea, Falcadore, etc. Since well, I've found in heavier cars, the FWD disadvantage is more apparent as well as the lack of torque/power.

Though on a side note, here's an interesting BMI comparison of the K20 CL7, DC5 and EP3, and then a comparison of similarly tuned CL7 and DC5. So not like it can't be done well. =)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarik View Post
    Though on a side note, here's an interesting BMI comparison of the K20 CL7, DC5 and EP3, and then a comparison of similarly tuned CL7 and DC5. So not like it can't be done well. =)
    Not a fair fight, give them a USDM K24A and try again!

The CL9 is a good starting car to tune, after all, it's got double wishbone front AND rear they use the Accord for the WTCC!
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars