Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    What about the focal slimlines?

I've got some china brand tube sub in my boot which doesn't take up a lot of space, and that seems to be going ok. I'll show you next time I see you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    as trism said - my system has been in 3 different cars as well - and its currently sitting in a box next to me ready to go into my next car
    i also spent alot of money on cables etc

but i chose my components with quality and weight in mind - not all out power - thats a personal preference though

my sub sits in my shed most of the time - i only put it in for long trips
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    just how is this going to ruin the car? If you do it properly everything is reversible and can be transferred over to another car f you buy good stuff. For example, I've got a sub that cost me over 1200, a $1500 head unit and a $1000 procesor to go with it. I've got RCA cables that cost me 200 each, and I've got 3 of them. Along with about $3000 in amps and $1500 in speakers, for the front alone.

But I've had them all for about 6 years, and they've been in about 3 different cars.

Good quality gear will last you forever, and will sound great in the process.

Now, I used to compete in sound quality comps, so you don't have to spend that much, but if you like music and you spend a fair bit of time in your car there's nothing wrong with it.

nah, thats not what i meant. it's not 'ruining' in literal sense, i just dont want to 'ruin' the whole picture of a dc2r... everytime i see a duff duff type r i always ask myself 'why???' but at the end of the day its each to their own

secondly as much as i like music and also in my car, i cant even tell the difference between my old 1k system and a 10k system that my mate used to have in his a4. go ahead blame my ears.. but i have better things to spend on than a $8000 sound system that doesnt make any difference to my ears...
    Last edited by anzai; 29-05-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: quote
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by M@lew View Post
    What about the focal slimlines?

I've got some china brand tube sub in my boot which doesn't take up a lot of space, and that seems to be going ok. I'll show you next time I see you.
    lol man that looks exactly the same as the one on first post, except differnt brand... let me know when ur going sparkling, ill come see

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    focal actually make some good products - but personally i would get a slimline 10" and amp it all up properly
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

have you checkout the alpine range of slim sub? I feel they are pretty decent.

ALPINE SWE-1000 8" POWERED SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIED CAR SUB
    A good reference deserve a rep.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by javer81 View Post
    have you checkout the alpine range of slim sub? I feel they are pretty decent.

ALPINE SWE-1000 8" POWERED SUBWOOFER AMPLIFIED CAR SUB
    im quite confident they would be decent, but i dont think the price will be too lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    focal actually make some good products - but personally i would get a slimline 10" and amp it all up properly
    im considering 10'' slimlines thesaint.. if i can score one for a good price i'll do it

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Dont think that because it says slim line it'll be lighter and need a small box. In fact its the oposite. They're heavy because they actually have tougher built structure in order to take power, and they still require a full size box. They're designed to fit behind seats in utes, not for people who are weight concious about their cars.

If you're worried about weight but still want some bass buy a decent 8 inch sub and an amp to power it, and build a box. Don't bother with a china cheapy off ebay. You'll just be disappointed and it'll prob shit itself in 6 months.

Sent from my Xoom
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    i want to see these slimline subs in action :P
    i just want one so i can hide it under my bootlid ..
    i think anzai wants the same thing to leave his dc2r looking neat and tidy .