Looking at buying a second hand Accord Euro - advice?

hi all,

I'm new here, and to hondas (my previous 2 cars were both Ford Falcons) so I'm after some advice.

My girlfriend and I are going halves in a car, we'll have a budget of around 15k (ideally it would be lower than that though, but can stretch it to around there). We've been looking at Ford Focus's, Mazda 3's and Accord Euros, as we need to find a nice compromise between her tastes and mine. Ideally we want an automatic, 4 cylinder sedan. We don't drive a huge amount but I'm after really good safety features and reliability (falcon has had heaps of problems this year).

We both love the look of Accord Euros, and looking at carsales we should be able to find 2004/2055 ones with 80-100ks on it for around 15k.

My questions are:
    - Is this likely to be a good buy?
    - Has anyone got any tips/advice for buying these? what to look for? gotchas?
    - How reliable are these likely to be at this age/kms, do they have plenty of time left before they start playing up?
    - I've heard of a major service around 80 or 100,000, not sure which one, can anyone explain to me the scheduled services and the estimated costs?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate it!

hi there
    welcome to honda first of all , let me here to answer your question since you are new to hondas all honda car they are good if you maintain them properly and do the service on time and dont go crazy on them , they can last a very long time

1. honda euro got a good outlooking and its very comfortable and realiable car, for 15k you can look for a low kms luxury one if you spend more time on looking

2. advise on buying a second car is to look at the car in detaily, the engine: check if there any oli leak or anything , look underneath the car look its been in accident and seal up , turn on the car and hear the motor is there funny noise and look at service log book and check are they up to date service

3. Doesnt really matter if they are high ks or not , i mean not like 200k + , as long as they are up to date service and look at where they pervious owner take to service as well, look what been change and what have not done , i own euro before and they are realiable car and i had them for like 4yrs and now sold to my aunt they still running strong man , never ever have one problem.

4. major service is around 100-120ks , i did mine on 100k pretty much change what said on the log book , timing belt /splakplug need to be change that time , so when u look at the car which around that ks, u need to ask the owner have those thing got done yet , if not you need to know that the major service is coming up , so bargin the price down abit more coz they arent cheap for major service coz you around $800-1200 , depend where you doing it

finally , becareful what the owner said when you ask them questions , forexample if they were like :''oh i lost the log book and i dont have receipt for the service but i did but , dont trust them man coz most likely is been repair from smash then thats when you ''lose'' the service book , its highly unlikely you lost a service history book whens the car is around only couple of years , and last advance is get like a qulify mechanic or mobile mechanic like NRMA one to impact the car for you , they will tell you stright after hows condition on the car . its much better then you wasted just 300hurdred dollars now then lost a big one later because of the carelessness..

hope its help and wish you find the right euro man , they are good !!

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    get a hyundai getz 11990 drive away lol

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    Quote Originally Posted by babiiiiiiiiiii View Post
    hi there

<snip>

finally , becareful what the owner said when you ask them questions , forexample if they were like :''oh i lost the log book and i dont have receipt for the service but i did but , dont trust them man coz most likely is been repair from smash then thats when you ''lose'' the service book , its highly unlikely you lost a service history book whens the car is around only couple of years , and last advance is get like a qulify mechanic or mobile mechanic like NRMA one to impact the car for you , they will tell you stright after hows condition on the car . its much better then you wasted just 300hurdred dollars now then lost a big one later because of the carelessness..

hope its help and wish you find the right euro man , they are good !!
    I'm pretty certain they only take the log books if your car was written off, not when you have a crash. But yeh same thing i guess lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    The Euro is a reliable, comfortable car, and it's one of the best looking sedans on the road. Definitely track one down, as you'll be very happy with it. Best of luck with the purchase!

thank you very much for your advice, so 100,000kms it is for the major service, sweet.

Hoping to start test driving in a couple of weeks!

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    yeah the cl9 euro is one of the best cars in terms of luxury, features and looks for its price bracket..not the slowest either haha
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust