And back pressure is a myth.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    1+ gumus89 knows whats up.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah everyone was stressing so hard that D-series only need 2.25" exhaust piping

but i have had 2.25" and 2.5" on a few different D15's and D16's now and there hasnt been that much of a difference

if anything the headers and cat have made more of an effect than the DIA of the piping
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    have u tryd putting in bout half or 1/4 of e85? my mate had a pinging issue in his liberty n put e85 n fixed it

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by najdi View Post
    have u tryd putting in bout half or 1/4 of e85? my mate had a pinging issue in his liberty n put e85 n fixed it
    That didnt fix the problem, it masked it. If he was pinging on unleaded then he had some serious problems.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    And back pressure is a myth.

So if I have a 2" exhaust on my or a 3" exhaust on my D16Y1, the 3" will be entirely superior and will produce a better power curve?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    David Stadulis, Owner of SMSP HEADERS

"I challenge anyone to show me a dyno graph where ANY power is lost in ANY part of the powerband, from using a 3" exhaust vs something smaller on a Honda All Motor car. This theory about exhaust sizing comes from old school domestic cars people but real life testing has shown the opposite on Hondas at least and probably domestics with properly designed headers.

I run a 2.5" exhaust on my 1.8L vs a 3" because of noise issues and trouble with the law and visual inspections. If it wasn't for that and I could find a decently quiet 3" exhaust that doesn't have a straight through muffler (but still flows like one), I'd install it for the extra power."

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i was happily suprised with the performance of the 2.5" stainless system on my D15b7
    the only thing i dont like is that its a little loud

like i said - i would put more emphasis into header selection than exhaust
    seems that on every car i have had headers make a much more dramatic effect

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i was happily suprised with the performance of the 2.5" stainless system on my D15b7
    the only thing i dont like is that its a little loud

like i said - i would put more emphasis into header selection than exhaust
    seems that on every car i have had headers make a much more dramatic effect
    yeap, 2.5inch on my d-series as well.... nothing wrong with it, though low end torque suffers a lil bit, top end feels much better, if you have a quality muffler, sound isnt so much a issue imo, on my car running a jdm cannon axle back, sounds great, quite as on idle, and when WOT, loud as fuk lol, can hear it for miles....

N/A cars are all about headers, i dunno where ppl say exhaust effects the output, but from my understanding, the header design is what makes or breaks a N/A car, i think best example is F1, they run NO exhaust system, but rather a intricate and very complex exhaust headers, R&D is the key to any successful N/A build
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    bisimoto D-series n/a headers

my muffler is letting my system down at the moment - its a second hand x-force s12 twinloop thats seen its day lol

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    What makes Header different ? What if the make them bigger tubing. I have seen 4-2-1 4-1 what about 4-4 . ANybody can explain that. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    so you want 4 tail pipes, 4 cats and 4 mufflers? - that doesnt make sense lol
    you would have to put a seperate exhaust sensor on each pipe and run each cylinder individually
    ... sorta defeats the point in having a multi-cylinder engine that is electronically controlled

piping size is calculated using the dimensions and flow characteristics of the engine
    when a car is made in the factory (or a quality set of headers for that matter)
    the original CC, port size, flow characteristics, intake size/length, stroke etc is all taken into consideration
    formulas are than transposed etc to find the ideal range for the ID and OD (inside diameter and outside diameter) of the pipes
    Last edited by TheSaint; 21-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.