Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro Luxury
    still 147? would've thought it would be a 155? same as the GTI n Eos?
    For Sale: 2003 Accord Euro CL9 Lux 6MT

Ironically, the Accord is priced higher than the Passat in the UK...awkward.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by [SDCTVE] View Post
    still 147? would've thought it would be a 155? same as the GTI n Eos?
    North america tune vs euro tune

Ironically, the Accord is priced higher than the Passat in the UK...awkward.
    Shipping costs between Japan and Europe is like 2.5 times as much compared to Japan to here
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    In Australia,the Euro and Jetta are direct rivals,but in the USA,the Acura TSX and Volkswagen CC are direct rivals,and in most other global markets,the Euro and Passat are direct rivals.

I want to compare the new Jetta to the Euro,and when they are released next month,I will test a 118,2.0 TDI,and 147 TSI.

I still think the Euro is MORE car for the money,better built,and superior value,as well as better looking...and possably comfier.

The Jetta will have more toys to play with,more rear legroom,and a bigger boot.

Let the battle begin.

VW are very aggressive,and this shows in their pricing.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Compare the Jetta to the Mazda 6 and Camry actually, because at that price, it's no longer a euro rival. The equipment level for the new Jetta (even the base model) is... Like the standard euro.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Shipping costs between Japan and Europe is like 2.5 times as much compared to Japan to here
    Yet the Japanese still rip us off .

I thought the Jetta was a small car in the league with your corollas and lancers, only more pricey?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Compare the Jetta to the Mazda 6 and Camry actually, because at that price, it's no longer a euro rival. The equipment level for the new Jetta (even the base model) is... Like the standard euro.
    The base Jettas are now pitching them at the Camry,and entry level 6.

The comfortline model is priced at the same as the base Euro,and the top 147 TSI is priced at the same as the Euro luxury.
    Throw in navigation,and they will be much the same once again.

Top Jetta comes standard with leather,but not sunroof...

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    Yet the Japanese still rip us off .

I thought the Jetta was a small car in the league with your corollas and lancers, only more pricey?
    The Jetta 5 was almost the same size as the Euro 1,and the Jetta 6 is almost the isentical size to the Euro 2.

VW are trying to stress that its not a fancy Golf with a boot anymore,rather its own model,inbetween the Golf and Passat.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Jetta's too big (internally) for the "small car" category
    Passat is too big (internal & externally) for the "medium car" category, yet it's small for the "big car" category (skoda superb does that)