Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changing Radiator

I need to change my radiator ive noticed a crack in the plastic below the pipe that goes to the overflow resevoir
    Just looking for some advice
    1.) Geta new tank with plastic and all
    2.) Get a radiator from the wreckers
    3.) Go for an aluminium radiator
    Are Radiator confusing or difffucult to fit?
    Thanks for any advice Shane.

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    if ur going all out on a build go the ali radi but if its just standard just go a new standard or 2nd hand rad with new cap n to ve honest might aswell change the thermostatpm me if u need help

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by najdi View Post
    if ur going all out on a build go the ali radi but if its just standard just go a new standard or 2nd hand rad with new cap n to ve honest might aswell change the thermostatpm me if u need help
    he's in VIC.

not hard at all to change radiator. few bolts, wiggle wiggle and youre done.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...light=radiator

With the Alloy rad, straight forward fitment and installation will be dependant on the quality of the kit, so see if you can get a review or what not before you buy, with a decent one, it's an easy installation!

Anywhere people can recommend to look? And I have already done the thermostat.if I am going to get a plastic one will it be worth getting a new one ?

You can probably pick up a china rad for around $120 for half sized, I have used a mishimoto china rad before, and fitment was good!

If your getting a stock replacement, you would be best off getting a new item, but you should be able to find a wreck with a previously replaced rad in it..

Ask around a few wreckers to start things off, and keep an eye on ebay

Where did you find your china rad? How was the cooling since it was half sized?

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Mishimoto or Koyorad make amazing radiators, you can get half-size or fullsize.. And even the halfsized ones are rumoured to outcool the standard ones (Due to thicker cores)
    I've got a fullsize Koyorad 53mm radiator.. And i'll garuntee you that's the best quality radiator you'll find around.
    You could propose to the girl of your dreams with this radiator, it's that damn good.
    But ofcourse you'll pay top dollar, Koyorad products aren't cheap!

You can easily get away with a no-name ebay one however, it's only a radiator.. I've had two 92-00 Civic Halfsize Alloy Radiators, and the quality was brilliant for something that cost no more than $75 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/94-97-98-...item1c15eb86c5
    I was trhinking of that does it look good?
    Dont want to spend too much but dont want somethign thats going to be shit either LOL

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Changing radiator is a b!tch, if you're gonna do it I suggest connecting the bottom hose to the new radiator BEFORE you put it snugly back in place on those lower mounting points. Otherwise you have SFA room to wiggle that hose back on.

Replacing top tank, labour, full coolant flush + air bleed + top-up cost me like $200 or a bit over. Kinda worth it if you ask me (I've DIY'd and paid too), sometimes it's just a massive hassle and not worth it so pay and make it somebody else's problem LOL. Anyway, a second hand radiator might sh!t itself in a week - how can you tell if you get it from a wrecker?

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by honkmytonk View Post
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/94-97-98-...item1c15eb86c5
    I was trhinking of that does it look good?
    Dont want to spend too much but dont want somethign thats going to be shit either LOL
    I've bought a few things of that ebay seller over the years, nothing super important (Hence quality wasn't a concern) but i was still happy with their products.. Could be worth a shot?
    And because they're a decent seller, if there is a fault i'd garuntee they'd replace/refund you anyways

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Changing radiator is a b!tch, if you're gonna do it I suggest connecting the bottom hose to the new radiator BEFORE you put it snugly back in place on those lower mounting points. Otherwise you have SFA room to wiggle that hose back on.

Replacing top tank, labour, full coolant flush + air bleed + top-up cost me like $200 or a bit over. Kinda worth it if you ask me (I've DIY'd and paid too), sometimes it's just a massive hassle and not worth it so pay and make it somebody else's problem LOL. Anyway, a second hand radiator might sh!t itself in a week - how can you tell if you get it from a wrecker?
    Secondhand radiators aren't too difficult to leak-test, but yes.. For the costs involved, just buy a brand new one.

What you talkin' 'bout? Changing a Radiator in a Honda is a piece of cake.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    wreckers give u warranty anyways, and always ask for a clean one.

if you remove the thermo fans then you have plenty of room for the bottom rad hose.
    OEM parts whore