Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Stock Euro pads are notorious for leaving deposits on the hot rotor. Very bad if you have an auto as you would be sitting at the lights with your foot firmly on the brakes. Instead of machining, I would replace the brake pads to something more sporty (like Hawk HP) and let it clean the deposits off the rotor. I don't like to machine rotors.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    can anyone tell me if its possible to fit cu2 rear brake pads in a cl9? ive looked at the dimensions and im guessing i could sand off the edges of the metal plates on the brake pads. Can anyone confirm this? reason being was just brake pad shopping before
    found hawks HPS front and rear for $160 inc shipping. Except the rear pads are slightly longer on the edges, and a about 2mm shorter.
    Heres what ive dug up

Thats the CU2 rear brake pads

and this is the actual cl9 HPS rear pads dimensons

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Can anyone recommend pads for the front that would be a good match with the DBA 4000? Just daily street use.
    Also Aaron, would you happen to know of any good places to get cheap DBA 4000 standard/slotted?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by panda_oz View Post
    Thought I might chime in. Around 3 months ago I started experiencing brake shudder in my 03 Euro. I checked my front pads (stock) and they looked fine and had lots of meat left. After reading varoius posts regarding shudder under brakes, I decided to change my front pads (to try and remove the build up and at the same time get some more bite). So I have been using the Acre pads and they are absolutely awesome. It took around 3 weeks of daily driving to get rid of the brake shudder and assumingly remove the deposits. I now have super smooth braking and significantly higher bite than the stock pads. There is however more brake dust but it is a wrothy tradeoff.....
    Where do you get the Acre brake pads from ???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Can anyone confirm if the part numbers on the bendix site are correct? Front 1393, rear 1265? Autobarn have a 25% off sale at the moment and it's time to replace the mrs. brake pads.

Thanks if anyone can confirm.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003 Accord Euro
    Well an update... Bought the REMSA brake pads from GSL Rallysport... excellent service, about $165 for all four corners. Free shipping if you buy all four pads. Honda OEM was about $130 for fronts only (trade price according to the dealership I went to). Was all set to have them installed today after being told they needed replacing at the last service. Took it to a mechanic I'd been going to more regularly for the last 12 months for one of my other cars - pads have plenty of meat left he tells me! So should have checked myself rather then believeing the dealership. Oh well, at least I've got pads spare when needed.

Out of curiosity what material are the oem pads made from?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by insanesam View Post
    Out of curiosity what material are the oem pads made from?
    Shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Well the Bendix GCT lasted me 30k km, the slotted/dimpled rotor pretty much munched it over the past year.

Now I'm getting spongy and lower pedal even after brake fluid flush :-/

So I'm getting a set of EBC Ultimax front pads from UK for $71 AUD to my door, can't argue with the price. Will report on how they go.

Now I just hope there's no problem with the 9yo brake lines..
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury Auto
    I have just upgraded my brakes today. DBA Street Slotted Rotors front and rear, Honda Brake Fluid and Honda Pads...

Just read the message from tony1234 that the pads are made of shit??? Crap...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by sk3103 View Post
    I have just upgraded my brakes today. DBA Street Slotted Rotors front and rear, Honda Brake Fluid and Honda Pads...

Just read the message from tony1234 that the pads are made of shit??? Crap...
    For Honda OEM prices you could get much Much better pads.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    Endless FTW!