Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti

EK front and rear seats, do they fit in EG's??

Pretty much as the titles suggests, can EK civic seats (both front and back) fit into an EG?

and is there a difference between hatch and sedan seats or can they fit too?

Member Array
    from what i know dc=eg front seats perfect
    dc into ek only lines up 3 bolts

so it'd be safe to say its same case for eg's

dunno about rears..

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I did do some research into this (only the rears that is). Apparently (going from hatch-to-hatch) the back support does, but the base does not. I havent tried, but that is the information I was able to gather.

I shouldnt see why the fronts wouldnt fit, but you need to be mindful of seat rails - as they will be different between the ek and eg.

I also think there is a difference between the hatch and sedan (at least in the rear seats).
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    thanks for your input... i wondering if the base can fit though?

ohh and the interior i'll be getting is from a EK hatch i just found out, so never mind the second part of my question.

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Per10d
    thanks for your input... i wondering if the base can fit though?

ohh and the interior i'll be getting is from a EK hatch i just found out, so never mind the second part of my question.
    You could probably 'make it fit' with some custom work. Otherwise I dont think it will fit.
    Last edited by Zdster; 03-01-2006 at 01:33 PM.

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

short answer = NO
    long (with modding ) answer = yes.

Otherwise , does anyone knwo IF the rails of a DC/EG will fit EK seats ? and vice versa ?

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    short answer = NO
    long (with modding ) answer = yes.

Otherwise , does anyone knwo IF the rails of a DC/EG will fit EK seats ? and vice versa ?
    Ben, apparently there is only a single hole difference. That is to say there is only one whole that does not line up. I think with some modding however they can be made to fit (although I am not sure if some sort of engineering approval is required).

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    will the base of the backseat from an EK hatch fit in an EJ8 [96 coupe]?

how much would these cost?
    i'm heaps cool

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Civic em1
    Hey found this on hondacivicforum:

ok, EK seats in an EG.

Only the inside rail needs to be swapped (thank gawd).

Slide washer from wire joining the two tracks, and remove wire from outside (back adjust lever side) rail. Remove inside (seat-belt connector side) plastic. Remove seat belt connector. Three bolts, two on frame, one on seat back, diff size bolt heads. When removing bolts from frame, be careful as they have (most likely) been sealed - mine pinged like a heavy nut onto an aluminum head when they broke free, and I ripped the skin from a knuckle. word for wise, use larger than a 10" ratchet [&o]

The EG rail doesn't look like it will fit, but it does. Keep track of the washer between the seat back and the rail when removing the rail (two washers there, total) Remember to check for seat position balance on the two rails before re-attaching the connecting wire.

seat just drops/bolts in after rail swap, feels better than original, so must have been seat cushion on original EG seat that made me feel like I was leaning into the center.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I've fitted EK4 rear seats to my EG5. The backs fit no problem. The squab fits too but there is a small gap between the squab and the backs at the base. Not enough to really worry about.

I've measured the various front seats at Pick & Payless and it was my understanding the EK4 seats would fit and the bolt holes line up. But given the above information I think next time I'm out there I'll re-measure.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksa View Post
    ... seat cushion on original EG seat that made me feel like I was leaning into the center.
    A common problem with the EG seats. I have replaced one set with a better looking set (different colour fabric) but the driver's seat causes me to have the same sensation as described above.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Ek to eg, yes with slight modding
    Eg/dc to ek, yes with even slighter modding.

~King Of Spam~