Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
    VIP Modular Wheels x Built To Order

Let me tell you guys about the excellent customer experience I had dealing with these 2 companies.

VIP Modular Wheels are obviously the maker of the wheels which are based in the US. www.vipmodular.com
    And Built To Order are the Official Distributor for VIP Modular Wheels here in Aus http://www.facebook.com/BuiltToOrder.com.au

I got introduced to Tarik the owner of Built To Order a few months ago by Jason Hanif who was one of the Photographer that took shots of my silver euro back in the days. I've always wanted to get a set of VIP Modular Wheels, but I knew that getting those wheels would mean I would have to sell my Liver as they are very expensive.

Now usually when you buy a new set of wheels, you would just tell the supplier "Hi, can i please get a set of XXX Wheels in 19xXX +XX and 19xXX +XX" then you pay and wait 1-2 months and the wheels arrive. Or you would just buy what ever wheels they have in stock and hope that the wheels fit and thats good enough.

But the problem with that is, you're never satisfied with the fitment. Because most of the time when we order our set of wheels, we just guess and assume that the width and offset we ordered are the perfect size.

When I approached Tarik and told him that I wanted to get a set of VIP Modulars, he was very helpful. It wasn't just "What wheels do you want and what size" or "I have these wheels in stock in 19xXX and 19xXX for $XXXX"

He actually sent me a questionnaire as to what wheels I want, what size, the finish I want on the wheels, what sort of suspension work I have done to the car and wether I'm looking to do any guard works to it. Not only that, he also ask what sort of look i want to achieve with these new set of wheels, Tuck, Poke or Flush.

Then after I have filled out those questionnaires, he emailed all those details to the Wheel company who in my case is VIP Modular. Based on the finish and the look I want to achieve with these new wheels (FLUSH) VIP Modular then asked me to send them some pictures of cars (doesnt have to be the exact model as mine) that have the "look" i wanted to achieve with the new set of wheels. So I went to Stancenation.com and a few other websites and emailed them some pictures of a few cars.

Then VIP Modular would need to know how much room I have under the guards. Luckily in the states, they do have Accord Euros, which is called the Acura TSX. VIP Modular then finds a TSX and measure the guards. They have about 5-7 ways of measuring the actual guards to determine what would be the best width and offset for the "look" i wanted to achieve and with the suspension work I have on the car.

This is the stage where im actually up to. I have paid for the wheels, and I'm just waiting for VIP Modular to finish measuring the TSX in the US so they can let me know their recommended width and offset. VIP have said "Don't stress, I know exactly what you want, I've seen the pictures and I'll do my best to get the best fitment."

The whole process have taken me about 3 weeks now since I first approached Tarik and we still have not finalised the specs for the wheels. It has been a slow and long process. But!! I do believe that it will all be worth it in the end. This wheel is a 3 piece fully forged custom built to order wheels, when you are paying big $$$ for a set of wheels, you expect top quality and fitment.

Hoping to finalise my order by this week and they said the wheels should arrive within 6-8 weeks.

I have requested for a custom finish. such as the paint, type of centre caps and bolts etc. Won't reveal too much =) Just have to wait and see.

Overall, it has been such a positive experience for me as a customer, as I know that they are investing the time to do their research and make sure that their customer is fully satisfied with their wheels and the fitment.
    Last edited by Rein; 31-01-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    That questionnaire is almost mandatory for almost forged wheels companies in US because I was also doing the same thing when I ordered wheels for my customer.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    How long left till they arrive alfa?
    Less Than Classy.

yeah we need to see these bad boys

still 4-6 weeks estimate boys... =(

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    lets see whos item comes first haha
    my J's Racing Bumper or your wheels!

^^^ say whatt..??? niceeee!! cant wait to see it... i want yours to arrive first haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    BALLIN im already droolin haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    looking good mate! saw you heading to anzac br. a couple days ago.

My car basically lives there! Seen you in the city like 1000000x times! will beam you next time!

Im jun=)
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    Haha Alfa I saw your fb page. All I got to say is I love the necklace with the number plate on it (y). Cant wait to see The new wheels
    OH WERD?!!