Page 1028 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2852892897810181025102610271028102910301031103810781128 ... LastLast
Results 12,325 to 12,336 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Anyone know if DC5 Front and rear brembos bolt up to our EP3's?
    I always thought jdm dc5r came with only front brembo's??? to answer your question no it's not a direct fit without the aid of upgrading to s2k rotors which will effect your offset.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I always thought jdm dc5r came with only front brembo's??? to answer your question no it's not a direct fit without the aid of upgrading to s2k rotors which will effect your offset.
    How is that so? Are the rotors not the same on the dc5 as the ep3's?
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    How is that so? Are the rotors not the same on the dc5 as the ep3's?
    JDM DC5 has Brembo and disc, pads etc are different.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    JDM DC5 has Brembo and disc, pads etc are different.
    So then is it possible to swap JDM DC5 Calipers, discs etc to the EP3?

Some more info here about the brembo upgrade: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...possibly-EURO&
    Last edited by RPS.13; 19-02-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    Some more info here about the brembo upgrade: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...possibly-EURO&

meh.. Im still lost, so you would need S200 rotors to fit JDM DC5 brembo brakes to fir on an ep3 etc?
    If so why not use the standard DC5 rotors as it will not have the clearance issues? And to run s2k rotors and them have to use a low offset to clear the rim seems too much when wanting to keep stockish off set, but then again I think that any wheel with enough clearance would be good for the job?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    meh.. Im still lost, so you would need S200 rotors to fit JDM DC5 brembo brakes to fir on an ep3 etc?
    If so why not use the standard DC5 rotors as it will not have the clearance issues? And to run s2k rotors and them have to use a low offset to clear the rim seems too much when wanting to keep stockish off set, but then again I think that any wheel with enough clearance would be good for the job?
    You are missing the reason why the S2000 rotors are necessary.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Twest View Post
    You are missing the reason why the S2000 rotors are necessary.
    So if Im missing the point why dont you point it out for me?

I thought it was pretty clear in the link I provided the other day?

If you thought JDM Brembo conversion required the whole DC5R driveline, you are sadly mistaken!
    It didn't make sense to me why people had to change the entire knuckle, LCA, driveshafts etc. to do this. Then I heard that the problem was simply that the Brembo calipers centre line was some 7.5mm further out than ADM DC5/EP3/FN2/AP1 calipers. If that was all, how hard can it be? I sourced some DC5R Brembos for a decent price, and bolted it up. The standard brake lines and caliper bolts fitted with no hassle at all! and surely enough the ADM DC5/EP3/FN2 rotors were sitting too far inside by 7.5mm. At first I fabricated some 7.5mm spacers and that fitted fine before I realised that S2000 rotors have exactly 7.5mm less offset than ADM DC5/EP3/FN2 rotors.

So out I go to source some cheap S2000 rotors. When they came I trial fitted them on some spare DC5 knuckles and woohoo perfect fit, then I bolted it them up to my FN2, another perfect fit! The only downside to this install is you need quite an agressive offset wheel to clear the Brembo Caliper, I'm using 18*7.5 +30 and 17*8 +38 wheels to clear the caliper.

The main difference between the EP3 rotor and S2K rotor is the hat size. Which again is shown in the link. One is taller EP3, the other is shorter S2K. As the EP3 rotor is taller, it sits back too far to sit in line with the Brembo caliper. By using the S2K rotor, being 7.5mm shorter. It moves it out/forward to sit inline with the Brembo caliper.

The Brembo calipers are a bit wider/bigger, hence you need to either run spacers on the EP3 stockies, or run lower offset wheels to clear the calipers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear in the link I provided the other day?

If you thought JDM Brembo conversion required the whole DC5R driveline, you are sadly mistaken!
    It didn't make sense to me why people had to change the entire knuckle, LCA, driveshafts etc. to do this. Then I heard that the problem was simply that the Brembo calipers centre line was some 7.5mm further out than ADM DC5/EP3/FN2/AP1 calipers. If that was all, how hard can it be? I sourced some DC5R Brembos for a decent price, and bolted it up. The standard brake lines and caliper bolts fitted with no hassle at all! and surely enough the ADM DC5/EP3/FN2 rotors were sitting too far inside by 7.5mm. At first I fabricated some 7.5mm spacers and that fitted fine before I realised that S2000 rotors have exactly 7.5mm less offset than ADM DC5/EP3/FN2 rotors.

So out I go to source some cheap S2000 rotors. When they came I trial fitted them on some spare DC5 knuckles and woohoo perfect fit, then I bolted it them up to my FN2, another perfect fit! The only downside to this install is you need quite an agressive offset wheel to clear the Brembo Caliper, I'm using 18*7.5 +30 and 17*8 +38 wheels to clear the caliper.

The main difference between the EP3 rotor and S2K rotor is the hat size. Which again is shown in the link. One is taller EP3, the other is shorter S2K. As the EP3 rotor is taller, it sits back too far to sit in line with the Brembo caliper. By using the S2K rotor, being 7.5mm shorter. It moves it out/forward to sit inline with the Brembo caliper.

The Brembo calipers are a bit wider/bigger, hence you need to either run spacers on the EP3 stockies, or run lower offset wheels to clear the calipers.
    Im sorry man i just couldnt get my head around it when I read it, and couldnt understand why the JDM DC5 has the brembos and how it wasnt possible to use the DC5 rotors to keep stockish offsets and just use the DC5 rotors on the ep3 instead

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Im sorry man i just couldnt get my head around it when I read it, and couldnt understand why the JDM DC5 has the brembos and how it wasnt possible to use the DC5 rotors to keep stockish offsets and just use the DC5 rotors on the ep3 instead
    I wasn't have a go at you or anything just letting you know. You can keep the stockish offset if you really want to, just means you need to replace the whole driveshaft/hub. Guys are selling the whole kits for $699US on ebay. Check it out.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Twest View Post
    I wasn't have a go at you or anything just letting you know. You can keep the stockish offset if you really want to, just means you need to replace the whole driveshaft/hub. Guys are selling the whole kits for $699US on ebay. Check it out.
    All cool man I know you werent having a go at me.
    Hmm so $700 for the kit plus another 600 for the calipers, seems that I probably would almost be better off going to project mu brakes and rotors at that price