Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    We're getting the EUDM civic 1.6 turbo diesel hatchback later next year

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...303-1u9bn.html
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by euromax View Post
    iPod integration is the best I've seen so far.
    I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Quote Originally Posted by L2R View Post
    Bought one. VTi-L Auto. Urban Titanium. Dealer here in Adelaide gave me best trade-in on my 96 Celica with 370,000 K on the clock.
    Change over price was what I appox ($250 over) wanted to pay. For that price they gave me rear park assist, car mat set & half tank petrol.
    IMO the car looks refined and upmarket, 'classic' look. The quality finish you can see, both inside and out. Have not driven one as yet, will do next weekend. The VTi-L that I saw was still in the dealers workshop being prepared for the showroom. Take delivery on the 17th.
    Regarding pricing, the dealer I went through charged me $1200 for pre-delivery. Out of curiosity I phoned another dealer to see what they charged.... $1600!
    One question... what are your thoughts on having having 'door styling guards' on this new look Civic. Are they necessary, worthwhile, will it spoil the look?
    Tx
    L2R
    door protectors... I also want them, but I'm not sure - they cost a few hundred bucks. I have them on my wife's hybrid, looks cool.

Did you get them to throw in rear park assist for free? what was the total discount they gave you then, disregarding your trade in?

Hi didler, seems we are on the same quest, I have come to the end of mine.
    Originally was going to sell my car privately, too many hassles so I decided to trade in.
    Most dealers offered $1500-$2000. Easiest way to explain is this... went to Honda dealer and said if I sign up now I want a Civic with rear park assist and mud flaps. They said no way on mud flaps but will give you extra $500 for trade in to cover park assist. So I would say $500 off RRP is doable (from my limited knowledge on how these things work). The only no cost options where the car mats and the petrol, but, I guess all dealers would do this. Also note what I said about dealer delivery - $400 difference between dealers.
    Thanks for the positive comment on the door protectors, I was quoted $380 installed.
    L2R

did you have to submit an offer on their form and sign to get what you wanted, or did you just get it through verbal negotiations?

they seem a bit tight so far around perth, but will get the 3 dealers to offer their best for me and I'll go between them.

I got 3 different quotes for all the addons at diff dealers too - but about 400 is right for door protectors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    There's not much in price movement you can negotiate on the new Civic but you can ask for accessories such as window tinting, floor mats and fog lights. $1200 for dealer delivery seems about right. On top of that I also managed to negotiate $290 off the purchased price and that is after all the goodies thrown in. There's also full tank of petrol and a $150 referral voucher redeemable for petrol, Woolworth, Coles etc.

The thing is after April, the Civic and Jazz revert back to being sourced from Thailand. This few batches are from Japan.

iPod integration is really good. You control it via a menu for songs and albums selection. All title, artist are shown on the lcd screen which is very nice. That same panel also toggles between, clock, fuel consumption and iPod display. You can even upload a favourite picture there.

The display right in front of the steering wheel shows coloured bars which changes from dark blue (heavy driving) to light blue and eventually green for cruising.

Bluetooth for hands free mobile phone operation is via controls on the steering wheel. I imagine this to be the same as the new Euro which I drive. This is very good and is a must especially when you can get fined for holding your phone whilst driving besides being dangerous.

I can tell you a lot more but you really need to see the car in person at the showroom. It looks much much better than on the website. It drives well too. I have test drive the Subaru Impreza and I must say the Subaru handles a bit better due to AWD but is $2 k more. Both cars feels nice to drive and both are new 2012 models which looks good and has solid resale value.

Of course there are other brands but if I favoured other brands I wouldn't be here on this Civic forum. Like I say I drive the Euro but I still think the new Civic is nice. Get it while it's still made in Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    i drove the Vti-L home last night for the first time.
    before it was released i wasnt really excited about it as i thought it was too much like the old one, but there was nothing wrong with the old one.

Its drive is much much better than the old, quieter and handling is much better even more euro like. The steering is prob the best part, its fantastic.

ill drive it a few more times and see what else i like / dislike about it.

i find the dash set up better but its all a bit too hard like the plastics ect.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Hi didler, all my negotiations where verbal.
    Godd luck, keep us posted.
    L2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Good to hear good reports coming in on the Civic. I don't know why people are bashing it before they have even seen it much less drive it.

Honda quality is still tops despite all the competitions which still has a way to go. I have 2 Euros with me currently and there is not a single problem with the 1st luxury Euro which is 3 years old. I've just gotten a new one a month ago and again it's flawless.

Having test drive the Civic I know it's the same Honda quality I've come to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by euromax View Post
    Good to hear good reports coming in on the Civic. I don't know why people are bashing it before they have even seen it much less drive it.

Honda quality is still tops despite all the competitions which still has a way to go. I have 2 Euros with me currently and there is not a single problem with the 1st luxury Euro which is 3 years old. I've just gotten a new one a month ago and again it's flawless.

Having test drive the Civic I know it's the same Honda quality I've come to expect.
    What I dont like is the fact that Honda makes some gadgets (e.g. rear park sensor) as an accessories on all level of trim, but other brand (even the Koreans) have this as standard. I think Honda is still think big of themself and put their car brand almost at the same level of European car.

Its kinda like they said "I know its more expensive and have less gadgets, but it's a Honda" Er... I dont think that will work nowadays...

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^ gadgets which is already available with the other brand longtime ago....i think those added electronic gadget will not cost that much..and the car itself is overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by fitme View Post
    ^ gadgets which is already available with the other brand longtime ago....i think those added electronic gadget will not cost that much..and the car itself is overpriced
    exactly! I think HA need to consider this when they decide the price and what should be included on the car. While the govt are talking to make reverse camera as standard on all car in the future, reverse sensor is still optional in the "NEW" civic -_-"

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family