Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    I know what one doing tomorrow...
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    U can get eibach for 400 and install them
    this. he only has a budget of 400-500. can't go wrong with that budget for that price range.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    I'm not sure why everyone assumes that Kings are so expensive - $250 for a full set supply only or $495 supplied & installed. A lot of people are getting ripped off if you asked me...

Then again, a lot of people would say that the above pricing is still a rip off, so what do you do
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone assumes that Kings are so expensive - $250 for a full set supply only or $495 supplied & installed. A lot of people are getting ripped off if you asked me...

Then again, a lot of people would say that the above pricing is still a rip off, so what do you do
    Hey senna compared of installing spring vs coilovers, which is easier?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    The answer to that is two sided...

Installing coils is quicker since you just take the struts out, replace springs then re-install and align.

Installing coilovers is easier from the point of view that you are simply taking out old struts complete, then replacing them with complete coilover struts - the hardest thing about coilovers (and the most time consuming usually) is the height adjustment and wheel alignment. Some times you can have a car on and off hoists 2 or 3 times before the customer is happy.

Oh, and then once the coilovers settle in, you have to re-align and possibly re-adjust the height.

So overall coil springs are quicker and therefore easier, but if the coilovers were guaranteed by a manufacturer to be correct straight out of the box it would be the other way around.
    OHSC

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    Tein S-Techs are great springs that you can use with your stock shocks. The drop is very nice and comfort is retained.
    +1 for Tein S-Techs. If you on a budget they're a great choice.

I've got them on my Euro and am very happy with them. The ride quality is almost as stock and the drop is quite moderate which means you can really use them with stock shocks.

The only downside to them I think is the fact that they drop the front more than the rear (1.7" front, 1.3" rear) but this I think help keep the rear negative camber to a moderate level (more drop = more negative camber) which means you can get away without a rear camber kit.
    Last edited by tonysalib; 30-03-2012 at 09:13 AM.

There's also plasti-dip... I tried it and failed hard at the rear windows. Taking it all off and putting on vinyl this weekend

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I got eibach springs from ebay for around 350 and another 200 to install! its pretty decent.
    Before

After

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    +1.Coilovers do not suit the Euro.Either Eibach/Bilstein or Koni combo.You'll be more than happy with this setup.
    ^ This ^
    Previosly had cars with coilovers , now before you all say should checkdd before handing over cash, I did.
    Had 2pairs of springs with different spring rates and damper set to lowest setting.
    Nothing will beat good spring/shock combo.
    Atm i have eibach in my cu2 im waiting for blistein to release shocks for this model which will be this year sumetime.
    Eibach and my stock shocks are great love it,not too harsh and looks great,as a matter of facts rides simular to stock springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    Hey guys had this car for a while and there is nothing to list that you can't already see i want to lower the car but am hearing too many different opinions through friends to turned to ozhonda I want the car to sit a little lower ( still legal) and smooth if possible. my current budget is around the 400-500 mark. whats the go with camber wear kits and struts/shockers leaking etc? just a simplified version please. THANK YOU! more pictures will come im not even sure if they worked so please be patient and understanding.. Cheers
    Get Tein or Buddy Club coilovers with a rear camber kit. Do not lower it too much as it's a real pain in the ass driving around Sydney. It may look cool but scraping every driveway or speed bump is not fun at all after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RotaRX View Post
    Since im on a budget, i ordered Function/Form Type 1's. They are on their way from the states and will let you guys know how they are.
    Hey please do let me know how these are.. thank you and how much they cost

HELLO GUYS!!! really sorry for the delated reply. now a few guys asked me how i did the black window trim and it was NOT the sticky tape method.. its a spray called FLEXI-DIP.
    Heres a quick demo of how it works. There is another write-up so i wont waist my time

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-ge...rome-trim.html

Now back to the main purpose of this forum. IM STILL CONFUSED in regards to which springs to get. my budjet is the 500 mark and i understand the concern with saving up a bit extra and getting coilovers but i don't need that much of a drop and want my ride to remain half comfortable. a friend has coil overs and it's way to rough.

So eibach is the current way to go am i correct?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	21564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0876.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	21563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0871.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	21565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0865.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	21566