Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oem Power Mirror Socket Cut

Hey guys, previous owner of my Car had Put aftermarket Side Mirrors and never connected them up to the car. The New Mirrors i have Have the OEM socket, but the wiring from the car doesnt have the sockets, just the wires, so the socket has been cut off. Does any1 know any Cheap Auto Electricians in Brisbane, or could some one come and help me out for a DIY job

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by charais6969 View Post
    Hey guys, previous owner of my Car had Put aftermarket Side Mirrors and never connected them up to the car. The New Mirrors i have Have the OEM socket, but the wiring from the car doesnt have the sockets, just the wires, so the socket has been cut off. Does any1 know any Cheap Auto Electricians in Brisbane, or could some one come and help me out for a DIY job

Cheers
    you could just solder and heatshrink the wires together without the socket or use bullet/spade connectors.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

I am aware of how to use a soldering iron, but not sure what wires connect to whihc, or just colour match them?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    what car are you trying to do it on? If its the em1 listed as your car then i could take some pics of my ek wiring for you, ek and em1 should be the same iirc

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Heres the pics, ive labeled the clip in each pic, there are only 3 pins in each mirror socket even though the passengers harness has 5 wires

Passenger side

Drivers side

Thanks Bud, i dont even know if it is worth getting them hooked up, the range of motion of them is pretty shit anyway, so pushing the facia to adjust them works as good, i know i should be doing thing properly, but i just got my License and the car back

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Thanks Bud, i dont even know if it is worth getting them hooked up, the range of motion of them is pretty shit anyway, so pushing the facia to adjust them works as good, i know i should be doing thing properly, but i just got my License and the car back
    If you have power mirrors you might as well hook them up, if you cant get to the wires on/in the mirror easily you could try using spade or mini spade connectors to go on the pins in the socket.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	21905

Here is what mine looks like, its the same on the Drivers side

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	21905

Here is what mine looks like, its the same on the Drivers side

Were your Wires Bare or did they have the OEM sockets on them?

if the wire colors are not the same....

you should be abvoue to decipher the correct wiring with a 12v power source and a 12v test light.