Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    No, the only part that I torque up would be the wheelnuts and that is with my human torque wrench.

There is no space to get a standard 1/2" drive torque wrench into the wheelwell to do up the caliper bracket and the caliper mounting bolts.
    You should always torque the caliper bolts.
    Turn the steering outwards to get better access to the bolts like so,

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    You should always torque the caliper bolts.
    Turn the steering outwards to get better access to the bolts like so,

[IMG]http://saturdaymechanic.com/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/18.-Attach-the-caliper-680x1024.jpg[IMG]
    At the rate that I am torquing it, it is above what the service manual recommends. And yes, I do it in the exact same way as in that photo, with a spanner and ratchet.

However, you still can't get a torque wrench into the area where the caliper bracket bolts are. That is behind the rotor and the torque wrench ends up having to point upwards into the wheel well. Fine if you have a 4x4, but not enough clearance if you have a passenger car.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    The torque wrench shouldnt be up in the well.Use a shorthandle 3/8 from below in the same position as above pic
    One point to add he is holding the tools in an awkward manner.Far better to position yourself towards the front with right hand pulling toward your body
    Last edited by EKVTIR-T; 13-05-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    The mechanic I took my car to was able to use a torque wrench when he did the caliper bracket bolts (NOT the ones in the picture), but this was in an Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by adamc11 View Post
    I don't understand what your saying.
    what I'm saying is that, you could save a lot of money, if you know how to do it on your own.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    adamc11, how's the feo ultra oil doing for you?

Been using royal purple for the past 40000km but will be putting this in my civic tomorrow to give it a go.