Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S

17x8 +31 offset wheels for a DC5S for occasional track use?

I was originally looking at fitting a set of SSR Type-C 17x8 +36 wheels to my DC5S. However this size has been discontinued.

The size 17x8 +31 is still available in limited numbers. My question is will this size fit? I suspect the rears will rub without rolling the guards...

I intend to occasionally track the car and don't want them to rub. I will be lowering the car on Tein Street Advance coilovers. Spring rate 6 and 9.

i intend to run them on 225/45/17 tyres. Perhaps a 17x7.5 +41 fitment would be better.. I want the wheels to be relatively flush with the guards.

Cheers

u will be fine, 17 x 8 + 31 is not aggresive at all.
    17 x 7.5 +41 will not be flush

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by iversonruls View Post
    u will be fine, 17 x 8 + 31 is not aggresive at all.
    17 x 7.5 +41 will not be flush
    Hey mate thanks for the info. Are you sure about that? I had a look on the ClubRSX thread and they state that 8 inch wide needs to be between +35 to +48....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Ok I have ordered the 17x8 +31 offset SSR Type-C in bronze, and Tein Street Advance coilovers. Now for the long 6wk+ wait haha.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Shouldn't rub. I ran 17x8.5 +32 on 225s on the rear and they did not rub. As soon as I went up to 235's though, they did start rubbing. Around one finger gap at the rear. With my setup, my wheels/rims sit nice and flush with the guards (but won't have any real poke/hellaflush fit)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by funworld View Post
    Shouldn't rub. I ran 17x8.5 +32 on 225s on the rear and they did not rub. As soon as I went up to 235's though, they did start rubbing. Around one finger gap at the rear. With my setup, my wheels/rims sit nice and flush with the guards (but won't have any real poke/hellaflush fit)
    Thanks for the info mate. I am starting to lean towards a 235/40/17 or if I can..... 245/40/17 fitment with some guard rolling in mind if required. Yours, being a 8.5wide would have stuck out a few mm more than the fitment I am considering. I want to try and keep the same tyre width for front and rear so I can rotate if needed.