Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    Here goes for my 2 cents.
    Full major service: Oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, Throttle body clean, adjust tappets, clean IACV. as for replacing the water pump if it was at 100,000 i personally would inspect and go from there, but at 200,000km if it still had the original water pump in it id definitely change it as its rare for anycar to go to the next major which is 300,000km without the water pump deciding to spit it. Tensioner id definitely replace. Its all a peace of mind thing at the end of the day. And quit the bitching......if you didnt want opinions about what should be done and whats included in the service dont ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Motsi View Post
    Here goes for my 2 cents.
    Full major service: Oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, Throttle body clean, adjust tappets, clean IACV. as for replacing the water pump if it was at 100,000 i personally would inspect and go from there, but at 200,000km if it still had the original water pump in it id definitely change it as its rare for anycar to go to the next major which is 300,000km without the water pump deciding to spit it. Tensioner id definitely replace. Its all a peace of mind thing at the end of the day. And quit the bitching......if you didnt want opinions about what should be done and whats included in the service dont ask the question.
    water pump only spits it if you lax on the coolant changes in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    seriously? what more do you want? someone to give you a backrub while they change your sparkplugs?
    i could give you a backrub while you change your spark plugs mate. pm me for further details
    Be water my friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

here you go byuddy.
    i hope you can read this one
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    i could give you a backrub while you change your spark plugs mate. pm me for further details
    Already getting serviced by CB Auto's
    part time potato

I'd go with hannys. Say Honda or whoever you get your car serviced with doesn't change your water pump, because either you requested not to or they don't think it needs replacing, and 2000km later it clonks out. You'd be paying for labour cost of removing timing belt just so you can access the water pump. If hannys can do all that Goethe same price as Honda but with more items, why not. Personal insurance IMO
    team.gradeA

more smart. more safe. moreTEIN

Member Array
    Car:
    97 EK Civic
    Just take it someone you trust, give them your maintenance schedule & say you want it done by the book (also known as a log book service - this is not only for cars under warranty).. The schedule details everything that needs to be done and even if you can't read it, they will be able to. You would expect Honda to do everything by the book, but in reality, from what i've seen, they over charge & under service. The only time you (well, *I*)deal with Honda is when you want OEM parts or an entirely new car straight off the production line.. For anything else, find an independent mechanic with real, honest experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    hey BLUDGER.....with the whole coolant ruins water pumps i can and cant agree. i agree that not changing the coolant will somewhat determine the lifespan of the water pump but having been a mechanic for almost 15 years now i see cars that are 1-2 yrs old that require water pumps replacing due to premature wear. Namely Holden alloytecs are what i see. so for me id have to disagree on the whole keeping the coolant up to scratch to save your water pump. Youd also have to take into account that waterpumps run bearing and seals in them and it only takes a car to overheat good and proper to harden the seal in a waterpump and cause it to start leaking!! Im just talking from personal experience over my time as a day to day mechanic! not pun intended to anyone and not trying to sound like a hot head!

Quote Originally Posted by Motsi View Post
    hey BLUDGER.....with the whole coolant ruins water pumps i can and cant agree. i agree that not changing the coolant will somewhat determine the lifespan of the water pump but having been a mechanic for almost 15 years now i see cars that are 1-2 yrs old that require water pumps replacing due to premature wear. Namely Holden alloytecs are what i see. so for me id have to disagree on the whole keeping the coolant up to scratch to save your water pump. Youd also have to take into account that waterpumps run bearing and seals in them and it only takes a car to overheat good and proper to harden the seal in a waterpump and cause it to start leaking!! Im just talking from personal experience over my time as a day to day mechanic! not pun intended to anyone and not trying to sound like a hot head!
    no problem m8.

I'm just a nobody that gives my own personal experience.

so your 15 years as a pro > me.

personally I'm in two mind.

if on a budget and it's still goos, then leave it.

if money don't matter so much then replacing it while the timing belt is out is a good idea too.

either way works for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek civic
    yeah and i agree with you on the whole if it aint broke dont fix it saga! well said

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I reckon if your already there, might as well do it. Think about the hassles it can cause later, and it will save you too much time later. Can we really put $ figure on time? Specially on higher KM cars, even if I'm broke ill still do w/e I can on the budget.

Just do it right the 1st time around.

Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Timing belt water pump tensioner, thermostat coolant oil, oil filter, air filter, sparks you can do a clean up for ivac ,throttle body , check idle, tappets. Check brakes, pads, brakes oil transmission fluid , tyres wheel alignment ...
    200k is timing belt and relevant parts.

Brake fluid/transmission/ fuel filter etc should have been done around 180,000. Wheel alignment?
    That can be done any time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    IMO if ur doin the belt, water pump etc etc, and its sitting at 200,000kms replace the crank seal as well, as its gonna b a bitch later on if it starts leaking.... its known to happen, but again it may not leak at all in the future so 50/50, but like all things its gonna break eventually
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC