Newcomer Array

Exhaust question - Heat wrap and 02 sensor....

Firstly, I just bought a set of plm headers and was wondering if anyone has heat wrapped their headers, the reason i ask is ill wrap it before it gets installed beforehand. I hear both good and bad things about them. Good side of heat wrapping is that is reduces heat in the engine bay by keeping it in the exhaust and by keeping it in the exhaust it flows better therefore minimal gains. The bad is that it may lead to premature crack/corrosion internally and externally as water condensation/moisture gets stuck??? (research from the net). So its 50/50, i just want to see if anyone on here has wrapped their headers and what they think of it. Worth it or **** it?

Secondly, as im getting my exhaust done, I get told i might aswell change my 02 sensor to a new one while im at it. Should I?

Thanks
    If uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help uncle JACK OFF an elephant???

If I'm not back in 5 minutes..............just wait longer

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if its stainless, stay away from heat wrap, if its mild steel go for it...

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    to answer your second question, yes, may as well change it now.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Even if you could heat wrap stainless
    Plm headers are 53xy.

To save a bit of heat....

Well, I wrapped my HKS Headers which are SUS304 from memory for 3yrs and still going no problems...

On my 4AG 20V, it did improve response, mid range torque and the engine bay was cooler [An issue in the AE111s] =)
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    o2 sensors are cheayp parts and can be hard to access so you may as well do it.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Well, I wrapped my HKS Headers which are SUS304 from memory for 3yrs and still going no problems...

On my 4AG 20V, it did improve response, mid range torque and the engine bay was cooler [An issue in the AE111s] =)
    hks are constructed of quality stainless with quality workmanship hence the high price i assume that cheep thin low grade stainless welded together in god knows where by a kid on a chain will crack easier and premature when they are heat wrapped use scothgaurd to repel the water and moisture so they never rust J.K..................................
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Newcomer Array
    Ok thanks guys, looks like i see alot of people with no heat wrap so no heat wrap it is, plus CRX is right, they are sex!

Another question, i need a high flow cat aswell but dont know what to get. I know my muffler shop has some for me but i want to get it my self just incase i can get it cheaper online. My headers are 2.5" outlet and my b pipe is 2.25". So what type/size/dimensions/brand do it get?

Thanks
    If uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help uncle JACK OFF an elephant???

Newcomer Array
    Anything guys? Also, does the rmf header sit close to the radiator? If so wouldn't i need to wrap it?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated

Have you considered ceramic coating? Never done it personally, but i've heard good things about them.

Quote Originally Posted by djt View Post
    Anything guys? Also, does the rmf header sit close to the radiator? If so wouldn't i need to wrap it?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated
    I think you need to change the radiator to fit RMF headers.

Newcomer Array
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGraphite View Post
    Have you considered ceramic coating? Never done it personally, but i've heard good things about them.
    Yeh i have but i dont wanna go down that past as its just a daily and wouldnt really need it. Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAgent View Post
    I think you need to change the radiator to fit RMF headers.
    No way!! Are you serious? I just reconditioned my stock one.