Thinking of getting 1

http://www.nengun.com/bee-r/rev-limiter

Any opinions?
    pros cons?
    Won-Hyo

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    The only purpose they serve is to shoot flames from the exhaust, unless you need some sort of rev limiter
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    pros - shoot flames, cuts ignition, security for car theft(?).
    cons - damages motor, damages cat, waste of money.

i have 1 on my daily (CBF taking it out), and i now think it was a waste of money that could have gone towards somthing else more useful.
    the only thing i can think of now that makes it useful is that i always set it to 0 when i park, when i go out, which limits the rpm to 2500, and if some 1 tries to drive off with it in a hurry it is limited.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    pros - shoot flames, cuts ignition, security for car theft(?).
    cons - damages motor, damages cat, waste of money.

i have 1 on my daily (CBF taking it out), and i now think it was a waste of money that could have gone towards somthing else more useful.
    the only thing i can think of now that makes it useful is that i always set it to 0 when i park, when i go out, which limits the rpm to 2500, and if some 1 tries to drive off with it in a hurry it is limited.
    LOL shooting flames at 2000 rpm
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 & C43
    I have one in my ek and the only reason I bought it is for ignition cut which I think is useful when you hit the limiter instead of fuel cut. Depends on what you want to use it for?? Like what Riced_Civic said it's not good for the catalytic converter. I've heard they don't work well with power fc's and possibly some aftermarket ecu's but I can't confirm..

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    hey man, u had 1 on ur EK? didnt notice it when i had a peek inside ur car at exe day. u had good times, car looked good out there.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by atari View Post
    I have one in my ek and the only reason I bought it is for ignition cut which I think is useful when you hit the limiter instead of fuel cut. Depends on what you want to use it for?? Like what Riced_Civic said it's not good for the catalytic converter. I've heard they don't work well with power fc's and possibly some aftermarket ecu's but I can't confirm..
    Honda ECUs already have an ignition cut, and a secondary fuel cut at a higher RPM.
    Ie, 7300 Ignition 7500 Fuel.

And this product is completely unnecessary.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Heard alot of negative feedback regarding damaged engines on SAU. Ignition cut is terrible, Haven't looked into it just know it's not good for the motor.

Hence any kind of limiter, Hate hitting it even for a split second...

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    You don't limiter bash hondas. Go buy a Nissan if you want to do that. You will break shit using one of these, if not your motor your cat will definitely go. My mate cracked the ring landings on his rb25det raping limiter while drifting.

The only thing it could be used for is a launch control you can wire it into the handbrake which engages a lower rpm limiter to use for launchs.
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"