Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

HID Light Problem :(

hey last week coming back from school, my right side light (HID) kept flashing/blinking all of a sudden. I pulled over and checked the wiring etc but it was all fine, no short circuits etc. Any one have any ideas? Do i have to buy new hid's or bulb, ballast?
    Thanks

Happened to me before, ballasts were gone
    PARTING OUT JDM DC2R & EK
    Check out my EK build!

Member Array
    Car:
    JZX100 Chaser
    Sounds like an earthing problem... Flickering are common symptoms.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED:158
    Happened to a mate of mine last night, went over there to have a look and ballasts needed to be replaced! I went back home to get a new ballast for him that i had spare and swapped it over and it worked fine after that with no flickering!
    [ED:158]

Ballast, change it

When mine went I thought and assumed it was the ballasts and your may be gone, but I was given a theory that I found on another website
    by running a wire directly from the ballast to the battery and it didn't flicker anymore, I eventually got a mate to do a relay.

either ballasts or earthing problems as EJ said

fix it soon before you start going through fuses and globes

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by kans View Post
    hey last week coming back from school, my right side light (HID) kept flashing/blinking all of a sudden. I pulled over and checked the wiring etc but it was all fine, no short circuits etc. Any one have any ideas? Do i have to buy new hid's or bulb, ballast?
    Thanks
    maybe is earthing is bad. try to put the ballast somewhere safe from water, heat or moisture.. or your wiring is poor..

try to out the ballast under the fender or somewhere along there..

hope that helps you..