Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

Anyone gone from GD to GE Jazz 1.5ltr?

Just after one who used to own a GD Jazz and later upgraded to a GE Jazz and if they noticed the power increase at all. I know it's only 81 vs 88 kw but in a small car was wondering if it was noticeable. Also was the suspension any better between the 2 models?
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Well I haven't upgraded to GE but have driven both and have access to both (though I own the GD, family has GE). To me I don't notice it at all! Feels about the same? Stamp on the accelerator you ain't going anywhere faster! Suspension also feels the same to me? Can't really notice any difference to be honest. Only notice is different interior (GD much better than GE my opinion).

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    I went from a gd 1.3 idsi to a ge 1.3 i-vtec and have noticed a big difference.

a lot more free revving. lots more fun, i love it, i bet the 1.5 is great.

the gd had lowered suspension, and the standard ge handles better. The interior in the gd has a better feel to it, but i love the GE.
    Last edited by 08ESE; 09-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Jazzz
    the GE recieved major chassis attention, 164 or 264% stiffer (on wikipedia ) so way less bodyroll

the added weight balances out performance, but overall GE is a better drive in my view
    Last edited by nixxon; 10-08-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    I went from an 06 VTI CVT to an 09 VTIS manual. The difference between these 2 cars is like chalk and cheese. The manual brings the 1.5 to life on the GE, and like someone else said, it does have a better top end, but still not enough low down torque. The manual 1.5 is a busy, raucous engine, with noticeable intake noise, which I like. The CVT was a great cruiser though, with remarkably low revs at 100kmh, but no cruise control, which was annoying. The manual shift in the GE I find nice, but very notchy when cold in 1st and 2nd gear, and the 1st to 2nd change always crunches a little on quick upshifts at higher revs, which is annoying. Also annoying throttle hang between gear shifts ( revs dont drop when throttle is lifted ) which somewhat spoils the driving experience .
    The chassis is better, with a much more solid feel, and a less jittery ride, even with 16 inch rims, but it's still no Limo. 4 wheel discs are very good, but handrake doesn't work well compared to the GD.
    Last edited by fundies; 11-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    PS. I reckon driving a manual VTIS GE feels a little like driving a poor mans Civic Type R, it really is good fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    I found out CVT in 2007 Jazz 1.5 is quieter & smoothier than curreny GE 5 SPEED gearbox.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    I found out CVT in 2007 Jazz 1.5 is quieter & smoothier than curreny GE 5 SPEED gearbox.
    Agree. A very smooth gearbox. I do miss it in heavy traffic and cruising on the freeway.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Agree. A very smooth gearbox. I do miss it in heavy traffic and cruising on the freeway.
    But GE chassis/brake are very good improvement compare with GD.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    But GE chassis/brake are very good improvement compare with GD.
    Yep. Much better on the GE, without being much heavier.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    This is the most difference I've found in my VibeS. Much stiffer and better cornering. I don't think the brakes are any better though.
    The stereo is better in the VibeS and seats more "hugging". Love the cruise control and climate control.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    This is the most difference I've found in my VibeS. Much stiffer and better cornering. I don't think the brakes are any better though.
    The stereo is better in the VibeS and seats more "hugging". Love the cruise control and climate control.
    Do you find the handbrake to be very weak ?