Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    also one more question.. crystal visions are 4300k, how high is the stock oem HID that comes with the car? is it the same output? if so.. then i dont mind getting these

get this whole thing of temp out of your head with halogen lights

halogen lights will always be yellow

they make these globes look more "white" by adding blue tints on the bulb, the more the tint, the bluer the light, the less light that gets omitted

most hid oem lights are 4300k, its the colour closest to a halogen bulb

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    H1 bulb standard 1550 lumens around 3000k

D2S standard on CU2 lux 3500 lumens 4300k

H1 bulb with heavy blue tint 5000k say.... 1000 lumens

pick your poison

imo if you want to go HID, at least find a pair of CU2 lux headlights from car wreckers and use them.

the self leveler is required by law but its purpose is for when you load up the back seats with big adults and a lot of heavy stuffs in the boot, the car will be tilted and the beam will level itself to avoid blinding others.

the headlight washers... i don't like them as they make my clean bonnet wet! but they are required by law (except in USA).

my other car did not have the bi xenon option unless i was willing to wait 6 mths. but i am in the process of retrofitting OEM bixenon kit along with the whole self leveler and headlight washers. these all up have cost around $2500 plus labour. factory option is $2200.

but for peace of mind, this could probably save me a lot more in legal costs and damage payout in the event of anything bad happened in this super litigious country.

remember, Australia = litigious => lawyers ARE EXPENSIVE! a lot more expensive than your eBay HID kit!! about $1500 - $2000 to represent you in a hearing session plus consultation fee of $400 / hour
    Last edited by natnat; 19-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Had Phillips Crystal Vision on my fog lights until I upgraded those to HID to match my low beams, but still have Crystal Vision H1's on my high beams. Definitely much more worth it, although compared to a 6000k HID the Crystal vision is SLIGHTLY more tinged yellow, only slightly, but it's noticeable. The diamond vision will give you more of a blueish look rather than white.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    imo if you want to go HID, at least find a pair of CU2 lux headlights from car wreckers and use them.
    About the only way you'll get decent HIDs in a CU2.

the headlight washers... i don't like them as they make my clean bonnet wet! but they are required by law (except in USA).
    +1 to this... I hate headlight washers. I basically avoid using them, so they are effectively useless. They only spray if you wash the windshield when the headlights are on though...

Apart from that, a few members here have reported theirs were pulled out of the bumper and stolen.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 20-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    +1 to this... I hate headlight washers. I basically avoid using them, so they are effectively useless. T

- HZ
    maybe you could pull the fuse if it has a separate one?

^^ I highly discourage removing the headlight washers because when I got pulled over by an ass of a cop he made me go to the EPA and they specifically asked to see if my headlight washers worked
    Last edited by kristrifo; 20-08-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by roony View Post
    maybe you could pull the fuse if it has a separate one?
    Ironically I'd be more annoyed at them not working at all, than having them working and spraying water up my bonnet.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by kristrifo View Post
    ^^ I highly discourage removing the headlight washers because when I got pulled over by an ass of a cop he made me go to the EPA and they specifically asked to see if my headlight washers worked
    that cop must have had nothing else to do! may i ask which state was that in? NSW or VIC?

i've been in QLD since jan12 and have not seen a single RBT.. back in sydney it was like weekly rituals!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    had a choice between narva or philips just yesterday, i chose philips.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

that cop must have had nothing else to do! may i ask which state was that in? NSW or VIC?

i've been in QLD since jan12 and have not seen a single RBT.. back in sydney it was like weekly rituals!
    nsw dude

Crystal vision is still illegal, blue visions are the whitest Philips halogen bulbs that are legal which are 4000K, anything higher than that is illegal. I have the blue visions and very happy with them, they look nice while still keep a decent level of performance. I would recommend them over any cheap HID kit.