Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
You can't transfer from state to state. It has to go through all the checks and registered in the destination state.

You de-register the car and sell it to them unregistered. They need to organise how they get it to wherever they need it to go (its not your problem). They need to get it re-registered when they get it in their own state. You should not let them drive the car under your name.
Quote Originally Posted by v__ View Post
just sell it let him drive down with your rego. once his down. deregister ur car.
and hopfully he doesnt get any fines.

u will get or money back. gota call ur CTP insurance aswell. to get that back. which is included in ur rego.

the best way. deregister your car now. and pay for like 3 days CTP. which allows you to drive

also he cannot use QLD rego down there.
yeahhh true true. he has told me he needs my registration to drive it down to vic, because needs to be registered to be driven down there.

because it will happen on a saturday more than likely, i wont be able to transfer my qld rego into his name, if he lives in victoria and being a saturday?

so if he is driving the car down to vic on saturday, what is the best thing for me to do?