Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    Hey guys gotta question...I changed he ATF in my cousins 05 euro and it was its first change (man that bolt was hard to get off) and added the new dw-1...couple of day later I checked it for him and it was more brown on the dipstick...but when I wiped it on he paper towel the red tinge is still there...I'm sorta concerned...shud I do another drain and refill?
    When was the last time the fluid was changed?

if you do a 1x fill, thats only 33% of the entire fluid, effectively you're not changing all that much.. and it turning brown? it's probably the new synthetic fluid doing it's job: cleaning.

a full replacement is like 4x fills, but people usually do 3x drain fills....

thats why you should do a drain fill every 2nd service to spread out the costs
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 euro lux
    erm... i think the last time was 05 xD but yea.. im on placement for the week and i told him that id change it again... i was scared that i screwed up the change ty fredoops

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Anyone actually tried the Nulon full-synth fluid?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hey guys. I know this is an old thread but i still use it everytime to help me change my ATF lol. Anyways, my drain plug is starting to lose its square shape, where you insert the 3/8 wrench. does anyone know where i can get another one and how much they cost? Thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by euro90 View Post
    Hey guys. I know this is an old thread but i still use it everytime to help me change my ATF lol. Anyways, my drain plug is starting to lose its square shape, where you insert the 3/8 wrench. does anyone know where i can get another one and how much they cost? Thanks in advance
    honda dealer. I got mine off ebay tho.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Hey Fred, does Castrol make any decent ATF? Not really getting Bob the Oil guy, last I checked, I got confused.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Hey Fred, does Castrol make any decent ATF? Not really getting Bob the Oil guy, last I checked, I got confused.
    Castrol in oz has an ATF-z1 equivalent fluid..... It's crap. So don't bother.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Castrol in oz has an ATF-z1 equivalent fluid..... It's crap. So don't bother.
    Lolz, I figured. But CBF going all the way to Honda, especially since the car ain't a honda. Hmmm, would be looking at a DW1 equiv anyway. Too bad SCA only seems to stock ATF in Castrol.

seems like its very hard to get a DW1 equivalent for the same price.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by rom5 View Post
    seems like its very hard to get a DW1 equivalent for the same price.
    Unless you get it bulk from the USA, it would be difficult.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Any recommened places on where to get this cheap? D4 that is. Unlike with the 5w30, seems like 12xQuartz pack charges 66 for shipping.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Any recommened places on where to get this cheap? D4 that is. Unlike with the 5w30, seems like 12xQuartz pack charges 66 for shipping.
    nope
    it works out to be the same price as DW1 from the dealer per litre.

But I went with D4 anyway