Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CU2 vs Mazda6

Mazda 6 cabin is noisy compared to the CU2 and the zoom zoom engine sounds trashy at high revs, ie does not like bouncing off the rev limiter. The CU2 on the other hand loves to rev, and revs smoothly to redline.

The Mazda 6 interior feels like its one notch down to the Honda.

The Mazda 6 has a bit of a drumming noise in the rear wagon / hatch at above 110km/h highway speeds.
    Last edited by BigBen; 27-08-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I think I'll sum it up this way:

CU2: Better interior quality, better NVAH (Noise Vibration and Harshness), freer reving engine.
    Mazda 6: Better value, more versitile body options, more low down torque, can run on ULP.

Mazda is better suited for city driving IMO due to it's low down torque. It's prob better for FWY driving as well, again due to the torque, but it's slightly louder. Having said that, CU2 could do with more sound deadening. CU2 has a much nicer interior and quality to it. So it's really drivetrain vs interior.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    the Mazda 6 was just revealed
    http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2012...-the-bar-32125

New 6: 2.5 ltr, 6 speed auto, 1410kg 141kW@5700rpm, 256Nm@3250rpm 6.4L/100km
    Cu2: 2.4 ltr, 5 speed auto, 1570kg 148kw@7000rpm,230Nm@4200-4400rpm 8.5L/100km

im sorry but the new 6 sh*ts all over the Cu2 as far as daily driving is concerned. 26 extra NM as lower RPM's? yes please.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

^ Yeah I agree too, sadly and it looks pretty sharp too

But then again the Euro is also due for an upgrade (GH and CU2 both came out in 2008) so we'll have to wait and see what Honda have in store for it

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    ^ Yeah I agree too, sadly and it looks pretty sharp too

But then again the Euro is also due for an upgrade (GH and CU2 both came out in 2008) so we'll have to wait and see what Honda have in store for it
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...uro-Drivetrain

same k24 with direct injection and Avtec, tuned for economy
    CVT transmission.

They better put the next euro on a diet. like a 100kg+ diet.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I don't think there's any Honda 4 that has been considered torquey. Even if DI is meant to add 10% extra torque, which would bring it on par with the new 6, it would still peak at the 4k rpm. In fact, has there even been a Honda engine that has it's torque peak below 4k?

That and Honda renewal cycles are much longer than Mazdas from memory. Look at the CL9 and that went on for 7 years. The current Civic sedan is basically the same as the 2006 model with a major facelift.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I don't think there's any Honda 4 that has been considered torquey. Even if DI is meant to add 10% extra torque, which would bring it on par with the new 6, it would still peak at the 4k rpm. In fact, has there even been a Honda engine that has it's torque peak below 4k?

That and Honda renewal cycles are much longer than Mazdas from memory. Look at the CL9 and that went on for 7 years. The current Civic sedan is basically the same as the 2006 model with a major facelift.
    agreed, i mean even if the torque figures are on par theres still 150+kg's worth of weight difference to throw around *shrugs*

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    To be honest, I've given up on current Honda. The company itself is now targetting US and China, and mainly China, and it's ignoring the rest of the world. For the Chinese market, VALUE is their top priority, meaning more kit for the price. They don't care about the build quality, and pretty much anything out of Honda's factory, even if QC went a dozen steps backwards, would still be better than anything the Chinese make, so Honda don't give a dam about quality in any sense of the word.

Cu2 is wayyy too heavy for its own good

Guessing the new 6 would have better fuel economy as well?

Personally I prefer build quality but damn Mazda have picked up their game

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    For the Chinese market, VALUE is their top priority
    I thought it was the Audi badge now days?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I thought it was the Audi badge now days?
    LOL so true.
    my next car... hyundai please
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    LOL so true.
    my next car... hyundai please
    Hyundai is very popular in India/China, it's considered to be more reliable to the yota's....

lol how times change