Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    Some of my queries:
    1. Are we allowed to video tape the incident, and what if the police officer requests the camera is turned off?
    Record what exactly? Whilst they are searching your car?
    Police can simply stop you for the purpose of conducting a roadside breath test, aka random breath test.

2. Is the police allowed to search the car without the owners consent?
    Not sure which state your in? Police in NSW must adhere to the Law Enforcement Powers and Responsibiltiies Act 2002 (LEPRA) when exercising a power.

They can search your vehicle with your consent, OR without your consent / warrant if they suspect on "reasonable" grounds that for e.g. your vehicle was used in the commission of an offence. A scenario may be your car matching the description of an armed robbery 15 minutes ago.

For a complete list. See Section 36 LEPRA 2002

3. Are we allowed to remain within the vehicle if it is our choice, even after instructed to exit the vehicle?
    If the police officer informs you the vehicle is going to be searched based on a reasonable suspicion as mentioned above... You must comply. If you don't comply expect reasonable force to be applied for the purpose of exercising their power.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by modify; 01-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    you would think that the answer has already been posted after like 8 pages of this thread, but ppl still post aha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    you would think that the answer has already been posted after like 8 pages of this thread, but ppl still post aha.
    Yeah funny enough you would think that hey... but having skimmed through all 8 pages, all I see is discussion re: personal stories, rough female coppers and then car camera's.

People still post because the answer hasn't been addressed. I've given a detailed response highlighting actual NSW law legislation VS "my brother told me this...."

Ha!

Next time a cop pulls you over, tell them "You can't ask me to get out of the car, coz someone said you have no right to".
    Last edited by modify; 01-09-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    Sensei I would be somewhat interested, but a bit later.
    The issue is it may become a target for theft
    It can be hidden pretty well behind the rear view. If you wanted to go one better, I was thinking of making something like a sock with the holes in the right places to go over the car camera. should disguise it abit and make it all cute. like some people with those angry birds or snoopy plush toys on the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    what price are you getting them at?
    still in talks with my contact. im hoping to get the camera for like under $190 standalone, and for those who need it the power magic pro power management for under $30

not a huge saving, but hopefully the more people i get onboard, the better it can be. if there is enough interest (and its allowed) i can start a thread for interest checks.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    It can be hidden pretty well behind the rear view. If you wanted to go one better, I was thinking of making something like a sock with the holes in the right places to go over the car camera. should disguise it abit and make it all cute. like some people with those angry birds or snoopy plush toys on the dash.

still in talks with my contact. im hoping to get the camera for like under $190 standalone, and for those who need it the power magic pro power management for under $30

not a huge saving, but hopefully the more people i get onboard, the better it can be. if there is enough interest (and its allowed) i can start a thread for interest checks.
    I'm quite keen, will think about it more

also is thaat what you do with your socks? lol
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by modify View Post
    Yeah funny enough you would think that hey... but having skimmed through all 8 pages, all I see is discussion re: personal stories, rough female coppers and then car camera's.

People still post because the answer hasn't been addressed. I've given a detailed response highlighting actual NSW law legislation VS "my brother told me this...."

Ha!

Next time a cop pulls you over, tell them "You can't ask me to get out of the car, coz someone said you have no right to".
    so when he does pull me over im gonna say, according to modify on the ozhonda forums he says you must have cause.
    sounds just as iffy, doesnt matter. its already been adressed, on page 1 and 2 n that.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    I saw this chick copper chase this suspect down, as she ran past me she stacked it hard. Face planted.

I heard that distinct THUD.

Gets back up keeps running past me

LOLOLOL
    did she run past you twice? lol
    Tokyo Life

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    i got a 38mm spanner next to my seat

what

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by *vtec-screamer View Post
    did she run past you twice? lol
    Nah picture this. Some fat guy is running for his life and guns it past you. Your eyes are fixed on him as he runs past.

Your facing the direction his running. THEN YOU HEAR.

"STOP"

You spin around and see a copper coming from the same direction. As she gets pretty much next too you as she's sprinting past, she slips on a magic, invisible, banana skin.

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!
    Face first.

I ROAR in a fit of laughter.

Instantaneously gets back up and keeps running as if it just did not happen.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 B16A ED9CRX
    For NSW:

You can record them.

I would recommend that if you do, you inform them immediately after they inform you of any recording they may be doing.

These devices are not subject to the conditions set out in Section 7.1a of the Surveillance Act, so long they satisfy stipulations in Section 7.2 or 7.3.

I point out in particular Section 7.2d (if you are refusing a search) or Section 7.3a (if you inform them that you are recording) or 7.3b (if the device is there for the reasonable protection of your lawful interest).

I will be defending my possession with Section 7.3b as mine is a crash camera; though will use 7.3a when interviewed for any offence I may be pulled over and questioned about.

My concern is accidents and road rage -- not the police.

Read this on recording policy: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/..._2011_Comp.pdf

And this for the actual legislation:

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/se...%20No%2064.pdf

Okay.
    So, Next question?
    ... [ About Me | My Blog ] ...

Honda Parts For Sale
    Check out the Listing

Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!