Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

The Peoples DC5 Build !

In June, i bought a honda integra dc5 luxury, it was 85,000ks and only $11,500.. the catch? it was auto/tiptronic..

BEFORE YOU CLOSE THE THREAD, considering the low price i got the car for, i am going to -down the road- have a auto to manual conversion. I will look at doing so when i get my green p's in december.

Being abit of a noob on ozhonda and modding cars in general, i have called my car 'the peoples DC5' This means that my build will be open to suggestions on mods ! the final decision will be mine though..

When i bought it, it was completely stock except for HIDs and some peice of plastic hood scoop that was stuck on to the hood -.-' I cant seem to get it without damaging the paint, but i plan to get a respray to remove the scratches and things and i might just remove it at that time.

Since then i have put on red honda signs, tinted the windows, put in a red carpet and type r spoiler, and had a full xforce exhaust system installed.

i did remove the DAGH3R number plate and put a standard black and white plate back on, only because it was costing me more than the rego -.-'

Im sorry for the lack of pictures, as i have non atm, but i will take more and post

My next few mods planned are:
    - lowering it
    - possible respray
    - rims

As i said, i am open to any bit of help and suggestions, please be patient with me, im not all that with cars :/

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

the type r badge was from the previous owner, and has been removed

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Hey mate thanks for commenting on my thread.

Everyone has there own tastes in the way they like to modify there car. The way I like to go about it is I like my car to look clean. What I mean by that is everything I put on my car I want it to suit the car and not look out of place, almost like it could have been a factory option part for some hypothetical performance model.

The first thing I would do is get rid of that plastic hood scoop, and if your going to respray the car maybe its also a good opportunity to de-badge the car just leaving to honda badges you have added. As for rims I personally like rims that are a good fit for the car i.e. stay away from chrome unless its on the lip of the rim only.

Also be mindful of the offset of the wheels... You want them to fit the guards nice and not be to sunken in like the stock ones are, so look for rims with a lower offset. I suggest looking at wheel fitment threads on here and on clubrsx.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    my suggestion, dont convert it just to manual ... k24 it!

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    waiting to see progress,good lucks
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Hey mate thanks for commenting on my thread.

Everyone has there own tastes in the way they like to modify there car. The way I like to go about it is I like my car to look clean. What I mean by that is everything I put on my car I want it to suit the car and not look out of place, almost like it could have been a factory option part for some hypothetical performance model.

The first thing I would do is get rid of that plastic hood scoop, and if your going to respray the car maybe its also a good opportunity to de-badge the car just leaving to honda badges you have added. As for rims I personally like rims that are a good fit for the car i.e. stay away from chrome unless its on the lip of the rim only.

Also be mindful of the offset of the wheels... You want them to fit the guards nice and not be to sunken in like the stock ones are, so look for rims with a lower offset. I suggest looking at wheel fitment threads on here and on clubrsx.com
    i agree, i like my car to be clean as well, do you think you could suggest some rims? im not up to date with all these technical terms and ideas and such and am afraid to make the wrong choices for the car, i could go and ask a professional, but they'd just be in it for the money and say anything to get the most money out of me :/

my suggestion, dont convert it just to manual ... k24 it!
    Is it possible to k24 it if its not manual? <>

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 DC5 Type S
    Hmm what wheels to get all depends on how much money you are willing to fork out... Wheels that I think can look good on a DC5 are Work Emotion CR Kai, Work Emotion XD9, Desmond Regamaster EVO, Volk Ce28n, SSR Type F, Advan Racing RG11, Enkei RPF1 or something from the Buddyclub P1 Racing series.
    The cheapest in this lot would probably be the Work, Enkei, and buddyclubs.... I won't recommend any knockoffs/fakes of any of these wheels, but such things are available if money is tight and you know what brands to look for.

P.s Reckless is suggesting you don't JUST stop at manual conversion but just K24 it while your at it. Conversion of transmission is a pretty major thing in itself.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Hmm what wheels to get all depends on how much money you are willing to fork out... Wheels that I think can look good on a DC5 are Work Emotion CR Kai, Work Emotion XD9, Desmond Regamaster EVO, Volk Ce28n, SSR Type F, Advan Racing RG11, Enkei RPF1 or something from the Buddyclub P1 Racing series.
    The cheapest in this lot would probably be the Work, Enkei, and buddyclubs.... I won't recommend any knockoffs/fakes of any of these wheels, but such things are available if money is tight and you know what brands to look for.

P.s Reckless is suggesting you don't JUST stop at manual conversion but just K24 it while your at it. Conversion of transmission is a pretty major thing in itself.
    I dont mind spending money, itll just take abit longer to save, ill look into wheels after i get the car lowered , thank you for the help
    and ill consider the k24 as well, i just need the money :L

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    If funds are tight and you cant find a DC5R box, you can also use a K24A3 box. Gearing wont be as good, but its a hell of a lot cheaper.

Additional things you need as a bare minimum for a K24 in DC5 conversion are

Engine mounts
    and Kpro, tune.

If you can afford to do these as well I recommend it

Lightened flywheel,
    HD clutch
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    If funds are tight and you cant find a DC5R box, you can also use a K24A3 box. Gearing wont be as good, but its a hell of a lot cheaper.

Additional things you need as a bare minimum for a K24 in DC5 conversion are

Engine mounts
    and Kpro, tune.

If you can afford to do these as well I recommend it

Lightened flywheel,
    HD clutch
    thanks for the tip man
    its gonna be a while before i look into it anyway, right now im looking to lower it , stock DC5s a so high !

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Honestlymm lower it.. have some fun n slog the shit out of ur shit motor n then k24 it!

As reckless has mentioned k24 build. i wouldnt do a manual conversion unless you do it yourself as you save alot of money with the labour costs. Youre porbably better off selling the car and buying a manual one or even save up a bit more and buy a type r.