Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    I won't surprise with this facts. I drive MY11 fd1 sedan, it tends to ping if i put ulp.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    Quote Originally Posted by pacogun View Post
    I won't surprise with this facts. I drive MY11 fd1 sedan, it tends to ping if i put ulp.
    If your pinging on regular ULP, you should probably try a different service station.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    Quote Originally Posted by 95331140 View Post
    If your pinging on regular ULP, you should probably try a different service station.
    Sorry, i did't meant to hijack the thread.
    I know it has been a massive discussion somewhere in this forum regarding pinging in FD1 and fuel octane. However I'll share my experience. I got this car almost 5 months now from new and still trying to get suitable fuel ( I drive less than 1K/ month). Initially from new, I put S**LL ULP until it reached 1k and I started to notice pinging when driving more spiritely.
    So, I started to use their octane 98, the car was lesss pinging, but I still can hear faint pinging. And now, I tried to use B* octane 98, and I notice almost no pinging. Only hear faint pinging if I did not put enough rpm when accelerate, which is fair enough. I will try to continue with B* until further finding.
    Thanks for your suggestion, I may try B* ULP in the future for comparison.