Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Js 70RR or nah

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by EGG5 View Post
    Wait so you just have the 4-2? Didn't you buy the whole 4-2-1 system including the cat? and if you bought a JDM K20A, did it come with headers? If it did there should be the whole 4-2-1 system
    I bought a Jdm k20a long block that only come with the 4-2 header not the 2-1 part :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jax-dc5r View Post
    I bought a Jdm k20a long block that only come with the 4-2 header not the 2-1 part :/
    lol...okay well if you decide to go with a 60RS (best option IMO) you will need to buy a JDM 2-1 part and cat for the 60RS to bolt up to.
    For the 70RR, the cat-less 2-1 pipe that is given might be able to bolt up to the JDM 4-2 (not sure, if someone can clarify please). But if the 2-1 doesnt fit then I reckon you should go and get the J's Racing 4-2 header and then you can chop it up and put a cat in.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    lol...okay well if you decide to go with a 60RS (best option IMO) you will need to buy a JDM 2-1 part and cat for the 60RS to bolt up to.
    For the 70RR, the cat-less 2-1 pipe that is given might be able to bolt up to the JDM 4-2 (not sure, if someone can clarify please). But if the 2-1 doesnt fit then I reckon you should go and get the J's Racing 4-2 header and then you can chop it up and put a cat in.
    Hmmm I'm sure the 2-1 part would be hard to find, would u not recommend a custom made piece? Or get them to replicate it?

I have access to a second hand Js header for 650 so I'm not sure what would be beat to use!

I'd rather get OEM JDM goodies!

Depends what your getting, are you going to go with 60RS or 70RR?
    If 60RS, I think it'd be better getting an OEM 2-1 part (never seen it pop up for sale before)
    If 70RR, get the Js Racing 4-2 header. as the 2-1 piece that comes with the 70RR will be perfect. Then you just have to chop up the 2-1 part to fit a cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I'd rather get OEM JDM goodies!

Depends what your getting, are you going to go with 60RS or 70RR?
    If 60RS, I think it'd be better getting an OEM 2-1 part (never seen it pop up for sale before)
    If 70RR, get the Js Racing 4-2 header. as the 2-1 piece that comes with the 70RR will be perfect. Then you just have to chop up the 2-1 part to fit a cat.
    I have most things to make the 70rr work and is hat I originally wanted but don't want to be gettin I to shit for noise level :/

I have most things to make the 70rr work and is hat I originally wanted but don't want to be gettin I to shit for noise level :/
    I reckon you should go with the 60RS dude, itll save you heaps of trouble and money in the long run (Defects/ bad welds). Just need to find a 2-1 piece and JDM cat and your ready for the 60RS!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I reckon you should go with the 60RS dude, itll save you heaps of trouble and money in the long run (Defects/ bad welds). Just need to find a 2-1 piece and JDM cat and your ready for the 60RS!
    Although if I were to go 60rd ti I'd have more drama so would I be best with stainless?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I have the amuse r1 titan on my car..

I really like it.. just saying

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakeel View Post
    I have the amuse r1 titan on my car..

I really like it.. just saying
    Shak I'm already thinking so hard my heads hurting hahaha

Although if I were to go 60rd ti I'd have more drama so would I be best with stainless?
    Yea go stainless, alot less dramas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Yea go stainless, alot less dramas
    Thanks for your help mate

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type R
    WOW this has started to turn into a big rant. Idk what more answers you need, as I have sent you heaps of PM's through ClubITR about this.

About the header, you can use the JDM EP3 4-2 header you have now, you will require a EP3/Aftermarket Sway as I have said a dozen of times. Besides that, it will bolt straight on with no hassles. If you want you can get a cat welded in and if its still too loud put a muffler on it (will change the tone, but normal when changing things). In the end ... if you still complaining about loud ... dont get a 70RR. Settle with the 60RS and find youself a Toda Header. Similar tones, but not as epic as 70RR.

This is your call, I am only suggesting ...