Page 1179 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 1796791079112911691176117711781179118011811182118912291279 ... LastLast
Results 14,137 to 14,148 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    d-boy = dope boy = drug dealer.
    wake up and take some sleeping tablets.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Has anyone replaced their timing chain/tensioner before? Got my 100k coming up in a few weeks, just gunna change both anyway. Any tips suggestions for the install? And if anyone, where did you get one from. Found a few around offerent places in the US.. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    letmegooglethatforyou-_-

oh lol, nar I work in the office (I'm in my 30's so I've been working for a while). my work pays ok compared to what the old japanese cars I buy cost.

I do have a car that I keep for a long time, my wife drives that.. and also a project car that would never be finished and it's becoming a money pit.

Always wanted a type R of some kind but never got one until now..

Member Array
    Car:
    Aldi Trolley
    Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    Has anyone replaced their timing chain/tensioner before? Got my 100k coming up in a few weeks, just gunna change both anyway. Any tips suggestions for the install? And if anyone, where did you get one from. Found a few around offerent places in the US.. but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
    i dont think you would need to replace the chain from what ive been told.

but from what ive been told from a few people, steer clear from the toda one as its apparently identical to oem but with a price tag on top. ive heard a lot of good reviews and opinions of the Skunk2 and Hybrid racing ones so you might wanna get those ones instead if your gonna replace the tensioner just my personal opinion.
    I let my Mrs hit Vtec, Maybe you should too!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
    i dont think you would need to replace the chain from what ive been told.

but from what ive been told from a few people, steer clear from the toda one as its apparently identical to oem but with a price tag on top. ive heard a lot of good reviews and opinions of the Skunk2 and Hybrid racing ones so you might wanna get those ones instead if your gonna replace the tensioner just my personal opinion.
    Yeh seen that haha. Ah righto thanks for that will look into it.
    letmegooglethatforyou-_-

Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    Yeh seen that haha. Ah righto thanks for that will look into it.
    replace tensioner @100k - grab a oem one from oemacuraparts.com or similar...
    Install is easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Picked up some Weds Sport SA90's today for dirt cheap and have now got them on the ep3! 17 x 8, +35 offset. With my current height, there's some scrub on the rears when turning sharp or bumps in the road but not too bad with one person in the car

How did your guards come out? smooth or a bit crap

Mine are not the best lol

Shouild be an eazy fix as there is not paint cracking
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    guards turned out fine..

Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Got lucky, picked em up for only $600
    Man you're lucky!

Weds are notoriously expensive new... [Think upper range of Works and Rays and you'll get the idea] But Australia doesn't regard them as highly as Japan so they tend to be rare and not easy to sell hence have to drop the price hard...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    i know, got real lucky. I got it off gumtree and surprisingly no one bought them because they were posted over a month ago. I had to drive close to newcastle to get them though, but well worth it. He advertised for $900 and I offered $600

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Man you're lucky!

Weds are notoriously expensive new... [Think upper range of Works and Rays and you'll get the idea] But Australia doesn't regard them as highly as Japan so they tend to be rare and not easy to sell hence have to drop the price hard...
    Upper Works and upper Rays wheels are two different price brackets lol. Brand new, Rays are valued a lot higher.

My bad, was thinking SSR ><
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter