Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG

Differences with ek rad supports?

Hey guys I just purchased another ek rad support, and my front bumper doesn't line up to the 2 middle holes.
    I asked for a hatch one and the wreckers said all ek sedan and hatch rad supports are the same.

Anyone know anything about this?

Slight differences between facelift and pre

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Really? Thought they where all the same besides hatch or sedab, due to people putting facelift parts on Pre ek's

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    people putting facelift parts on a prefacelift ek is what you call a facelift conversion, all front end parts are different between 96-98 and 99-00.
    You probably have a facelift rad support on your preface ek or vice verser. Because when you do a facelift conversion on preface ek, your bumper tabs won't line up. So you either cut the rad support or you mod to fit.

Have you thought that the rad support isn't oem and is replica?

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    I got a eg but doing ek front again and yes it's a genuine rad support. So I can mod my rad support for the front bumper? So just weld the tabs to make it fit?
    Last edited by slow_poke; 06-12-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    time for a spoon rad support bro!

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    time for a spoon rad support bro!
    Lol what's a spoon rad support? Never seen one. Light weight?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    lol, they arent that heavy are they?

dunno if spoon makes them, its just a replacement if u get a new brand rad, or want a fancy colour or old one breaks.

wtf are you on about

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_poke View Post
    I got a eg but doing ek front again and yes it's a genuine rad support. So I can mod my rad support for the front bumper? So just weld the tabs to make it fit?
    Yeah well correct me if i'm wrong but you could just mod the front bar (where the tabs aren't alligned) by just cutting it (halfway) so it slides into the rad support area. Thats how i modded my front bar when i done my facelift conversion for my car, its better then cutting the rad support because with my idea the cut wont be visible unless you take off your grille.

but to cut things short, you bought the wrong rad support :P
    hope this helps ;D

i can take a photo of how my bumper 'slides' into the rad support tomorrow if you want.
    Last edited by mattsrea; 06-12-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    itb (in the bum)

Member Array
    Car:
    K24 EG
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsrea View Post
    Yeah well correct me if i'm wrong but you could just mod the front bar (where the tabs aren't alligned) by just cutting it (halfway) so it slides into the rad support area. Thats how i modded my front bar when i done my facelift conversion for my car, its better then cutting the rad support because with my idea the cut wont be visible unless you take off your grille.

but to cut things short, you bought the wrong rad support :P
    hope this helps ;D

i can take a photo of how my bumper 'slides' into the rad support tomorrow if you want.
    I would like a picture if it isn't quite a hassle. Just can picture it by imagination.