Member Array
    Car:
    da9

whistle noise on skunk2 IM

wassup fellas.. ive been living with this for quite sometime. I have this whistle going on everytime i rev or accelerate. At first i thought it was my intake so i took it off and put the stock back in but the sound is still there.. so i took the intake off and drove without any, found that it came from inside the skunk2 IM. i dont know if its a resonance thing or leak or something. Ive done a smoke test before to check for leaks cause atm im still having hunting issues and im leaning to believe that the hunting is because the car isnt tuned yet but anyway didnt find any leaks. and if u think the whistle is from the belt youre wrong, i got that ruled out already. belt is fine as.

the im is port matched, the whistle probably comes at a certain angle of the throttle plate. im a 100% certain its from the im with other cases of such on other forums.

s

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    its a very common thing nothing wrong with it skunk2 intakes just whistle

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Also saw this on a d15b with oem setup..

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    ^me 2
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    da9
    isnt it annoying lol

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I guess get a buddy to step on the gas over and over and you can use mechanic stethoscope to pinpoint the exact place its happening

if its on the edge of throttle plate,maybe slightly filing the edge could eliminate it..not sure

Clearly throttle body gasket or internal part is causing interference to the flow
    Either deal with it or take apart and as others said find the burr or bit and smooth it off

Member Array
    Car:
    da9
    it may be because the last year the TB was replaced with a stock one .The aftermarket blox that was there before was port matched therefore the two dont match anymore... IM bore is bigger than the stock...guessing..just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by maaaaark View Post
    it may be because the last year the TB was replaced with a stock one .The aftermarket blox that was there before was port matched therefore the two dont match anymore... IM bore is bigger than the stock...guessing..just a theory.
    Sounds a good theory. Most likely what it is !