Page 1240 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 2407401140119012301237123812391240124112421243125012901340 ... LastLast
Results 14,869 to 14,880 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by markkkwan View Post
    hey guys, i just bought another ep3r, i noticed that my new one gets alot of wheel hop from 1st to 2nd,
    It's running on ad08s, do you guys think it might be the engine mounts because they're stock?
    My old ep3r didn't get wheel hop on 595evos running on hardrace engine mounts
    If you're on stock mounts then yeah there will be alot of wheel hop. The oem mounts are pretty weak on the ep3/dc5 chassis. Especially the drivers side. I felt a huge difference after my hasports 70a mounts
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    ohh i seee, i'll definately sort them out with the 3pcs mugen set or 5pcs hardrace. Thanks for your help!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    Thanks to all who have commented, at least I know that I am not the only one getting this noise! Much relief!

I just emailed Exhaust Technology who made the exhaust to ask if they had any ideas. I thought too today something about the water hitting the exhaust making it cool under the car while it is still hot at the front but can't figure out how that would account to it smashing on the underside of the car?

I have been able to narrow it down that it starts when there is still water over the road, doesn't do it when it is just damp. It did it tonight as I pulled up to the lights and then when I stopped the noise stopped but then suddenly started doing it again.

I was also thinking it might be the old heat shield from the original exhaust being bent down when water was spraying all over it but again, the loud banging noise doesn't make sense, neither did my though about something to do with weird tread patterns on the tires flicking water onto the underside of the car. Very baffling! We have only just started to get rain here in SA after having nice weather but it is due to come in very wet from now on... And I have to drive the car daily for work.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    Oh, I also forgot that it happens when the throttle is closed and the car is engine braking gets it going... and you can feel it through the floor.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    I had always thought it could be my header hitting the subframe or something since its alot lighter than the stock cast iron header. It only happens at low rpm when the engine vibrates the most I guess
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 EP3 Type R
    It sounds like torture though! And has only done it since I changed my exhaust and that is only cat back.

hey guys, i just bought another ep3r, i noticed that my new one gets alot of wheel hop from 1st to 2nd,
    It's running on ad08s, do you guys think it might be the engine mounts because they're stock?
    My old ep3r didn't get wheel hop on 595evos running on hardrace engine mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    If you're on stock mounts then yeah there will be alot of wheel hop. The oem mounts are pretty weak on the ep3/dc5 chassis. Especially the drivers side. I felt a huge difference after my hasports 70a mounts
    I didn't know what "wheel hop" was. Googled it and realised what that horrible feeling is when I launch it hard! So the cure is engine mounts? Any recommendations?!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Yep, if u want to keep the feeling close to stock then get mugen mounts. Mugen come in set of 3 so I got rear hasport mount as well. Not much vibration in the cabin.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yea my old car used to have hardrace, little vibration but well worth it now that i've tried without them lols.
    Also my first ep3 had a problem starting up in the cold where it made a horrible loud grinding sound sometimes, and now my second ep3 does it too.. lols anyone had this problem?
    After some research it might be the starter motor grinding against the flywheel but yea, not sure.
    has anyone solved it without buying a whole new starter motor =[?

yea my old car used to have hardrace, little vibration but well worth it now that i've tried without them lols.
    Also my first ep3 had a problem starting up in the cold where it made a horrible loud grinding sound sometimes, and now my second ep3 does it too.. lols anyone had this problem?
    After some research it might be the starter motor grinding against the flywheel but yea, not sure.
    has anyone solved it without buying a whole new starter motor =[?
    My starter motor grinds too on cold starts

Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Yep, if u want to keep the feeling close to stock then get mugen mounts. Mugen come in set of 3 so I got rear hasport mount as well. Not much vibration in the cabin.
    My car is completely stock at the moment (05 CW EP3) so I guess I don't want it to feel like stock haha.

Has anyone been able to eliminate wheel hop completely? I read wheel hop can cause a lot of damage to diffs - can anyone clarify if that's true?

Hey guys, so i've been tossing up between the FN2 and EP3. only thing i like more about the fn2 is interior (seats and cluster), but i can live with the ep3 and also prefer the double din slot.

just wondering if anyone knows anything about this ep3 in melb, had B16TYM plates on it for a while. im going to have a look at it tmr. and considering the high kms, what do you think is a reasonable price?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ite-EP3-Type-R
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly