Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by pacogun View Post
    My friend bought VtiL top spec just months ago when Honda has special for $27k with special color, pearl metallic, n leather seats. Compare with my FD1 sedan my2011, their civic hatch better in: built, interior finish, practicality from hatch, and more features of course than my vti. However, I don't like the auto only for VtiL. I test drive it, imo I prefer driving with manual stick than with paddle shift. I feel more grunt with manual trans. The hatch's body is heavier than the 2011 sedan. And I didn't hear the unique exhaust tone when revving.
    Unfortunately, I didn't drive for long trip, I could not comment about the suspension. The civic hatch' suspension uses similar system with jazz, front strut n rear torsion beam. With Jazz, the ride is not as comfy as civic, especially those who sit at the back seat. The torsion beam at jazz cannot absorb the road bump as good as the civic' multilink suspension.
    And sit at back seat of the civic hatch, I did not feel as roomy as in my Jazz GE. I think it's because of the smaller windows.

I think in Europe where civic hatch come from (Swindon, England), it tries to compete with VW Golf. That explains the good built quality. And the stalks for indicator and wiper are opposite than FD1 sedan, just like the european car.
    what is this "SPECIAL" colour?
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fd1, Ge
    Quote Originally Posted by UNLS1 View Post
    what is this "SPECIAL" colour?

Oh, it is just custom color ( white pearl metallic, in this case). For Australian market, dealer offer 7 colors, and my friend ordered White Pearl Metallic that is excluded from those 7 colors.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    The Civic Sport Sedan is Auto only.

Automatic and Sports do not mix.

Not to mention we get a separate Type R from the UK folk.
    I am aware of this but i was referring to the Type R as an actual sports car

The Civic Sport is not remotely sporty
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    I am aware of this but i was referring to the Type R as an actual sports car

The Civic Sport is not remotely sporty
    True but it seems honda will think most buyers of the Type R are people are dads who want a fun car, that can still take the family around(like an M3 or M5)

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Civic VTi
    Are there any eibach lowering springs available for the latest civic hatch yet? or kings...or pedders.....?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Are there any eibach lowering springs available for the latest civic hatch yet? or kings...or pedders.....?
    Here u go
    http://web2.carparts-cat.com/default...101&52=1&30=45

http://web2.carparts-cat.com/default...&30=45&31=5498

That only has the 8th gen.

From what i have heard the 9th gen has a new suspension layout so 8th gen kits will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog
    Quote Originally Posted by hondafan2636
    Given that the chassis code and well I am guessing the chassis itself is the same wonder how many if any of the mods for the 8th gen will fit the 9th?
    I would guess not many...

Suspension is completely different. In fact all the mountings have hanged at the rear. All the body panels have changed and the engines revised with new layouts for air filters, ECUs etc
    Source:http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-gene...n-modding.html
    Last edited by Grayfox; 10-06-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by pacogun View Post
    Oh, it is just custom color ( white pearl metallic, in this case). For Australian market, dealer offer 7 colors, and my friend ordered White Pearl Metallic that is excluded from those 7 colors.
    its not a custom colour, its a standard colour you can order on the hatch, Its the same white pearl on the CRV, ACCORD and ACCORD EURO. nothing custom about it at all. just a standard colour choice.

Hey UNLS1.

What is the chassis code for the diesel?

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    no idea

The VIN should tell you

Would be something like SHHXXX7

With the XXX part being the chassis code.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    according to redbook it's fk3 like the petrol

VIN Number SHHFK3760DU######

-insert redbook accuracy disclaimer here-
    Last edited by curtis265; 14-06-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC