WOT about in a V

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    WOT in a D yes, not in a K
    WOT in K 6th gear all day every day

Take off in 2nd till 40, then 6th gear the mofo WOT till 80-100. yhnah
    Last edited by joyride; Today at 07:26 AM. Reason: Ask for permission if you're going to use someone elses pic

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Hey guys, another question.
    When the 50vtc gear is fitted - and people set it to 45 what is the extra 25degrees doing. Is it opening the intake valves sooner?? Or is it getting rid of the overlap between intake and exhaust valves?
    Or am I completely off course and lost?

Second question, once that gear is in, can the car be driven with the stock computer? Or do I have to have the tsx upgrade right away???

Also people say that they unbolt the intake can shaft off a dc5 type r and put them in... Will this make much difference? I was let to believe that he cams in the 06 euros were a decent spec... anyone have any input?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by philipminge View Post
    Hey guys, another question.
    When the 50vtc gear is fitted - and people set it to 45 what is the extra 25degrees doing. Is it opening the intake valves sooner?? Or is it getting rid of the overlap between intake and exhaust valves?
    Or am I completely off course and lost?

Second question, once that gear is in, can the car be driven with the stock computer? Or do I have to have the tsx upgrade right away???

Also people say that they unbolt the intake can shaft off a dc5 type r and put them in... Will this make much difference? I was let to believe that he cams in the 06 euros were a decent spec... anyone have any input?
    50 - 45 = 5 degrees left over aint it?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    This is where I'm lost. They say its a 50degree can gear... But only run it at 45 degrees. I don't quite understand how this works. Lol. Well I do but I don't... Haha

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    This is where I'm lost. They say its a 50degree can gear... But only run it at 45 degrees. I don't quite understand how this works. Lol. Well I do but I don't... Haha
    With the stock cams, if you have a 50 degree vtc and you use all 50 degrees, there's chance metal bits hit into each other and cause internal damage.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    06' euro
    Car can be driven, computer will only recognize 25* until tuned to run at 45*
    >>

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000 / CL9
    Ahhh sick. So even if I'm thrashing with a 50 gear it won't recognize it. So should operate as normal!
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    VTC angles are written in ECU, OEM CL9 ECU can operate till 25* only. If you install 50 gear it will be moved till 25 only. DC5 type r cams are decent for CL9 Euro, best cams are intake TSX 06+ cam if you don't what to touch valve springs and install "stage 2 cams": http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3689413

I have tuned one Accord CL9 Euro 5AT (Auto) with "stage 2" cams he makes 0-100 km/h in 6.2s with cheap tires ! It can easy do in 6s with better ones.
    With OEM camshafts on K24a3 engine you can go to full VTC50 there won't be any P2V (piston to valve contact), when you install aftermarket camshafts clearances must be checked because you can damage engine if over advance VTC !!! If you over rev engine (misshift from 5 to 2 for example) P2V can be even with small OEM cams.