Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Worth getting a TB?

So I was considering getting larger throttle body for my DC5r, i was doing my research and came across this particular thread:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intak...ttle-body.html

this is basically saying that a bigger throttle body wont allow for any benefits unless you are outflowing the capabilities of the stock TB.

and so this lead me to think: 'are my mods significant enough for me to benefit from a TB?'

I'd like your thoughts, The only engine mods i have atm are:
    - Injen CAI
    - Xforce headers and cat
    - Custom B pipe
    - Greddy Tic Axleback

Feel free to also suggest some other engine mods that i may benefit from

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I would look more into cams and pistons to see any gains with a bigger throttle body
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    get tune instead for more push you in car

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by dagher23q View Post
    So I was considering getting larger throttle body for my DC5r, i was doing my research and came across this particular thread:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intak...ttle-body.html

this is basically saying that a bigger throttle body wont allow for any benefits unless you are outflowing the capabilities of the stock TB.

and so this lead me to think: 'are my mods significant enough for me to benefit from a TB?'

I'd like your thoughts, The only engine mods i have atm are:
    - Injen CAI
    - Xforce headers and cat
    - Custom B pipe
    - Greddy Tic Axleback

Feel free to also suggest some other engine mods that i may benefit from
    I just read that thread, it actually says in there what mods they believe will show gains with a bigger TB, give it a proper read
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Unless you plan to work the car a fair bit in the future your money is better spent elsewhere on a KPRO+tune or something, Had a skunk2 TB on my EP3 few years back (brought car with it) and replaced it with stock TB - felt little/no difference at all

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Most people who tend to go with bigger throttle bodies are those who have also upgraded their intake manifold. But even with both, without a tune you won't see much gains
    vtak + jrsc = bwwaaaahinneeeee

IF GUNS don't kill people, people kill people does that mean that toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by UNA91 View Post
    Most people who tend to go with bigger throttle bodies are those who have also upgraded their intake manifold. But even with both, without a tune you won't see much gains
    this

bigger tb plus rrc/rbc with tune is the way to go.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe