Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Hey Chaos, No worries.
    Not sure which part is broken, your casing for the whole key, or the square remote thing itself.

Essentially, They take out the remote, do a few modifications, and put it in a new flip key shell. What you're left with is this:

As for your dad's Corolla, seeing as there's no transponder, it should only cost around $75 (for the shell, cutting and fitting).
    Toyota keys - https://www.wynnslocksmiths.com.au/s...tegory/view/63

Preston's not too bad for me I guess. From the inner-eastern suburbs to Preston only takes me about 30 minutes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    OK guys, just an update. I ended up purchasing a key from HT, and had it cut and reprogrammed. Unfortunately, the remote (buttons) aren't compatible. They key and immobiliser work just fine. Another note is that the button arrangement is different with the fastline switchblade key, meaning you can't just take the chip from your old key and put it in the new one. The FastLine key has the unlock and lock button alined where as the exisiting one (as seen above) has it at an angle.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of grabbing a replacement key for my CL9 as the original one is breaking (the cover). Was wondering if Honda Australia will mill/cut and reprogram these keys: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/fastline-...roductid=66050

And also how much.
    my euro came with one of these - the previous owner had it done
    he said it was painful and cost alot of money to sort it out

the key hasnt aged well - its very worn and feels like its going to fall apart
    i have put it aside as a spare and just use the oem keys
    the oem key for the euro/CTR etc is one of my fav honda keys
    i even adapted my EG keys into one =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9
    Got so excited and was just about to call Wynns... then i realised where it was

Anyone know of a place that will do this is Perth??

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    im not in contact with the previous owner of my car anymore - but he would know

he randomly knew my wifes cousin through work so ill try and get some info

hrm ... his details would be on the transfer form eh?
    ur welcome to borrow my key if a shop needs to have a look at it
    i never use it lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post

Thanks
    If you buy the blank from Wynns, I think it's like $30 posted. Then take it to a locksmith for them to cut it, prob set you back around $45. Since you're using the old chip, you don't need to reprogram the immobilizer or anything like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    If you buy the blank from Wynns, I think it's like $30 posted. Then take it to a locksmith for them to cut it, prob set you back around $45. Since you're using the old chip, you don't need to reprogram the immobilizer or anything like that.
    All that plus $30ish to swap the immobiliser into the new key, unless you want to do that yourself, but if you break it then gg.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoik View Post
    All that plus $30ish to swap the immobiliser into the new key, unless you want to do that yourself, but if you break it then gg.
    I thought hte immobiliser chip was part of the remote module unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post

Thanks
    I have no idea about Perth but for the reasons stated below, you shouldn't try to do the immobiliser part by yourself. Just search up auto locksmiths in the Perth area. Good luck.

I thought hte immobiliser chip was part of the remote module unit.
    It is: (The rectangle thing on the circuit board)

Image from http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=351548

However, given the different dimensions of the flip remotes, the immobiliser chip will be too far from the key hole for the car to start. So to get it to work, you need to cut the immobiliser chip out, place it closer to the top of the remote, then wire it back to the circuit board. The flip keys come with a slow for the immobiliser IIRC. I'd highly recommend getting a locksmith to do it for you, otherwise GG.