Threaded View

LOL I am actually in the process of doing this myself too. In short yes you can. I bought a 06 leather interior off ebay and have so far installed the door inserts, backseats and centre console armest no problem (in an afternoon). After getting a quote to install the front seats by a auto electrician for 800-1000 (saying I needed 60amp cabling, swtiches etc.) I have decided to try do that part myself as I have seen a few people have managed to do. Im guessing it would be quite similar to installing an amp or something as the main thing for is connecting the power to the electric seats (heated would be nice esp. in canberra but seems to complicated).

backseats

cloth front seats

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyspank View Post
    fitting them in and working out how to power the seats are easy (if you dont mind not having the seat warmers). tricky part is having the airbag sensor work for the passenger side. i havent gotten around to rewring it but it can be done.
    theres a thread on here about how to power the seats but nothing on the airbag.
    I have done a bit of research and looks like I need to tap power from somewhere for both seats. Monkeyspank, where did you tap the 12V power from and can you tap the power for both seats from the same sources? I was thinking cigerette lighter and CD player power?

Also, with the sirbag system, can't you simply connect the exisiting yellow wiring harness to the one existing in the seat? Making sure that you disconnect power from battery etc. during the process?

pics of wiring harness (drivers side on top)

I'm assuming more connections will need to be made like on the passenger side harness. Is the thrid non-yellow dark grey harness the weight sensor? I'm assuming that would have something to do with the SRS sytem. And I'm assuming it is the weight sensor as the drivers side does not have it :/

Any help would be much much much appreciated and when I get a bit more info and time I'll make a step by step write-up as I have noticed a few people out there thinking about doing the same thing.
    Last edited by BSC_077; 19-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.