Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Maybe you have a leak in your IACV/FITV valve?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

It's carbies Jas, so it probably doesn't have those. Look for splits/broken vacuum hoses (from what I remember of the carby A20A there's no end of them) have fun.

Did you know that the last model CA (89) had a facelift including a return to fixed H/lites

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    It's carbies Jas, so it probably doesn't have those. Look for splits/broken vacuum hoses (from what I remember of the carby A20A there's no end of them) have fun.
    Oh wow
    That's new for me
    Cheers :P

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    It may be that I've just left a hose off right ? I remember playing with some of the vacuum hoses earlier on in the peace, but I swear I put them all back on... I'll double check my work tonight. Thanks.

Did you know that the last model CA (89) had a facelift including a return to fixed H/lites

Actually, I did know this. And personally I think they're ugly ! I really prefer the pop-up headlights on these models. But I guess that's just me. I suppose Honda was trying to be innovative, and new by introducing these in preparation for the CB.

The places the hoses most likely to split if you've pulled them off is right where the end of the pipe that they're pushed on to is. If they're originals, they all have numbers printed along the sides of the hoses. There should be a chart on the underside of the bonnet that shows them.

Don't know whether Honda still does this "last of model" facelift now but was standard practice in the 80's. I agree, not keen on it, it looks as though they had to lift the front of the bonnet and guards up to accommodate the fixed lights.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Pop up headlights were so 80's yo!
    Retro

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    The places the hoses most likely to split if you've pulled them off is right where the end of the pipe that they're pushed on to is. If they're originals, they all have numbers printed along the sides of the hoses. There should be a chart on the underside of the bonnet that shows them.

Don't know whether Honda still does this "last of model" facelift now but was standard practice in the 80's. I agree, not keen on it, it looks as though they had to lift the front of the bonnet and guards up to accommodate the fixed lights.
    Thanks for the info. I gave it a look earlier today and I couldn't find any splits (although I didn't exactly remember which ones I took off). I had a good look at most of them around the carbs and intake, but it was very hard to distinguish whether they were leaking.
    I had another thought, that perhaps the butterfly that holds the acceleration wire could be stuck open ? Although I don't exactly see how this would make it accelerate... I've been at work all today and will be back again tomorrow and frankly I'm quite exhausted. So I apologise if I'm not making sense.

Oh? I didn't know that. I knew they did the facelift models after 2 years of having the original model released. But that's all.
    Ya, I agree. Not a good luck for this type of vehicle. Pop-up ftw.

Pop ups for the win.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM 87 Aerodeck
    I have been working hard at uni lately and have had less and less time for the Aerodeck. But I temporarily fixed the idle problem. It was the cold start mechanism sticking shut, so I disabled it for now so I can register the vehicle and it seems to sit steady at about 600 - 700rpm

I also bought this parts book. Every single part number I could ever want + break downs of every component. It has already been worth the $50 I spent on it

I took the Aerodeck out for our first drive today too. Only around the block to test the brakes and to make sure it runs correctly. It is amazing, I am utterly and hopelessly in love with this car. It's smooth, the engine runs well, it's got a unique Japanese feel to it! It's just PERFECT! I cannot wait until I get it registered and use it as a daily!

I took advantage of it being out and took some photos!

I also took a short video of how the JDM digital climate control works. I couldn't find any videos of it online and found very few pictures of it so I thought I would post one. It's very cool!

I suppose that's all there is to update at the moment.

That's a sexy bit of gear, does it actually cool? 'cause in a car of that age, most unusual. That book is a great find. Glad you found the idle problem, wonder if it's got similar carbs as the D15B's, might interchange if it needs a new one.
    I just found the "H" monogrammed carpet mats that were in the JDM CA wreck I first bought, a Tan colour. Vacuumed them off today, will give them a clean tomorrow, just a minor bit of heel scuffing on the driver's side H, otherwise very good cond. Put them up for sale soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    That's so ****ing kool man

www.OzAccord.net/forum