Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Speed sensing auto lock

I recently bought an OBD speed sensing auto lock for my 2007 CL9 Honda Accord Euro. Fitted it and it worked without any problems so far. The device automatically locks my door when the speed goes above 20 km/h. When the engine is turned off, the doors automatically unlocks.

I bought my device from the below for $14.07. The site does not accept paypal, so I paid by credit card. They have a system where the money appears to be held in escrow until the device is delivered and confirmed by you before they release the money to the seller. This is to counter previous scam sellers. The device took 4 weeks to get to me and was posted from Singapore (which surprised me)
    http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6011709776.html

The device fits into the OBD port - drivers side, under the dashboard, just below right knee. No mistaking the odd shaped sized port where it fits. One wire has to be connected to the CANBUS wire.

I found information about the CANBUS wire from here

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...62578216,d.dGI

It was the second link in google search for honda accord canbus.

The document shows that the canbus line colour is brown/red and is the 4th pin in the green socket. Note that the 1st pin is empty, so don't just count wires when you are connecting it. Count socket/pin holes. The canbus is found in a bank of sockets just above the fuse box close to the drivers right leg. The socket in which the canbus line is part of is the green socket the furthest away from the seat

I attach a picture showing the socket, but the picture already has the wire from the device attached (so colour may be somewhat obscured)

Also be aware that there are 2 versions of the device. There is another version for the newer Honda Accord, I think post 2012
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canbus wire location.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	26559  

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Cool mod , i have aftermarket alarm system and set it to lock the doors once i turn ignition on and unlock when its off.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hi Guys

Having doors lock automatically seems a good thing, but think of the wear on the actuators. I don't know if the CL has the function, but my CU offers not only auto-lock, but staged lock/unlock, which means that, driver-only, one can drive with the other doors locked, and locking/unlocking the driver's door, as required. Perhaps auto-lock allows two-stage operation, too?

CHEERS
    NOEL

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Man, think about tyre wear when u drive ... Take care of em , dont drive your car )) We all die sooner or later so lets dont think bout it ans solve problems when they really come.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Good points, littlebo. I'm not a tightwad, despite coming from good Scottish stock.

CHEERS
    NOEL

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Good points, littlebo. I'm not a tightwad, despite coming from good Scottish stock.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    BTW and while we're talking about Scots - what does the manager at the Edinburgh Maccas, have under his kilt? You got it - a Big Mac and two Half Pounders. Boom, boom!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    +Rep to sirzur for finding this out. I haven't used speed sensing auto lock before, would assume it would be annoying, but it's great to know you can add the function and at so little cost. Also makes me wonder if that same socket can be used for anything else.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    It would appear that it is quite hard to find the device on aliexpress now. There is one advertised, but they want about $35 for postage. When I was looking at it, there were lots more advertised. I can only suggest to keep checking on that site. Maybe they only manufacture in batches and he previous batch had run out?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Hello ChaosMaster

Having the doors lock automatically is good, but, and I don't know if it's available on the CL9s, the driver can usually do the same thing, at no charge, by simply hitting the front of the door locking switch on the driver's armrest. Still, it would be nice to have the auto function.

CHEERS
    NOEL

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Hello ChaosMaster

Having the doors lock automatically is good, but, and I don't know if it's available on the CL9s, the driver can usually do the same thing, at no charge, by simply hitting the front of the door locking switch on the driver's armrest. Still, it would be nice to have the auto function.

CHEERS
    NOEL
    Don't even need to press that button, just push down the driver door lock knob and it'll lock all the other doors anyways. What I meant was that it would be annoying since the doors would only unlock when you turn the engine off. So whenever you're dropping someone, or something off, you would have to unlock. I know in the commodores, the door unlocks when you put the car into P, but this is turning the ignition off which is a step further.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Don't even need to press that button, just push down the driver door lock knob and it'll lock all the other doors anyways. What I meant was that it would be annoying since the doors would only unlock when you turn the engine off. So whenever you're dropping someone, or something off, you would have to unlock. I know in the commodores, the door unlocks when you put the car into P, but this is turning the ignition off which is a step further.
    What a pain that would be to have to switch off to unlock the doors, but, surely, that could be over-ridden by using the car's regular door locking arrangements? The Euro owner's manual says auto locking is available via the ignition switch; when speed exceeds 15kph; or when P is selected or deselected. Don't know if my CU2 has it as standard, as the book entry has those three infuriating words "for some types". I haven't explored auto locking, as, for my money, security is best (is that why we want auto locking?) when door locking is controlled manually from the armrest switches. This means locking the driver's door, with a further press locking the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    So whenever you're dropping someone, or something off, you would have to unlock. I know in the commodores, the door unlocks when you put the car into P, but this is turning the ignition off which is a step further.
    I have auto-locking on my other car and it's so annoying when you drop someone off and they can't open their door -.-

That and the strange looks you get when the doors lock automatically when you drive haha.