Fuel economy suddenly better?

Hey guys, driving a 2003 Honda Integra DC5 luxury model.
    Every time i refuel to the max (until i cant add any more fuel) i like to keep track of how many KM i run. Usually i reset the clock with Trip A starting from 0. Around halfway i usually hit 200-250km at MAX (rarely hit MAX). This time all of a sudden (with no change to the way i drive) i am hitting 300km (picture A) and after traveling another 50km it seems to drop a tiny bit (picture B). Is this normal? I'm worried my fuel indicator may be a bit faulty.
    Has anyone ever hit 350km with the fuel indicator just a bit under halfway?
    Picture A
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140506_144741.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	26831

Picture B
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140508_194609.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	26832
    Last edited by kingmlh; 10-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    if you use 3/4 of a tank and fill, how many litres do you fill?

Try and fill at different points and compare how many litres you're filling. Develop a feel of litres filled vs indicator
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    if you use 3/4 of a tank and fill, how many litres do you fill?

Try and fill at different points and compare how many litres you're filling. Develop a feel of litres filled vs indicator
    I'll start keeping that in mind next time i refuel. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hey man, Don't worry about it too much.

I have a DC5R. Same Issue. I think its cos we overfill.

I do the same thing on Trip A i reset every full fill. I always do full tank and use it till the light comes on or if shes done over 400km and i know im going far ill fill up.

1st 1/2 of meter i usually get like 300-350, then 2nd 1/2 i get 500-550 before light comes on.

Also should add - Yesterday I fill up before power run. Light came on had to drive 7km to nearest Shell. I filled up 50.8 liters. Now our cars only have a 50L tank and I know there was fuel left in the tank. How'd I fill up more then 50L still? Confusion.

Also last night i drove 250KM+ and shes still reading only 1/4 used.
    Last edited by amant02; 08-05-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    thats scary

so maybe the servo pump meter was dodgey?

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post

I do the same thing on Trip A i reset every full fill. I always do full tank and use it till the light comes on or if shes done over 400km and i know im going far ill fill up.

1st 1/2 of meter i usually get like 300-350, then 2nd 1/2 i get 500-550 before light comes on.

Also should add - Yesterday I fill up before power run. Light came on had to drive 7km to nearest Shell. I filled up 50.8 liters. Now our cars only have a 50L tank and I know there was fuel left in the tank. How'd I fill up more then 50L still? Confusion.

Wow thanks man, will be able to sleep at night. Pretty impressed at how fuel efficient it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post

sounds like a dodgy servo

or maybe you have a 4th dimension fuel tank

mind=blown

Quote Originally Posted by kingmlh View Post
    Wow thanks man, will be able to sleep at night. Pretty impressed at how fuel efficient it is.
    fuel efficiency is measured in L/100km, not by the needle
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Wouldn't be suprised if it was a dodgey servo. Seen some photos where the litres at cost don't match up.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au